John Mayer Cancels Spring Tour as Granuloma Comes Back
John Mayer sadly announced that his Spring tour will be canceled following his persistent throat condition. In a lengthy blog post on Tumblr on Friday, March 8, the singer wrote, "I have no choice but to take an indefinite break from live performing."
He began explaining, "During rehearsal on Tuesday, it came to mind that I should see my throat doctor because something didn't feel/sound right. I went in for a visit on Wednesday and a scope of my vocal cords revealed that the granuloma has grown back where it had mostly healed. This is bad news. Because of this, I have no choice but to take an indefinite break from live performing. Though there will be a day when all of this will be behind me, it will sideline me for a longer period of time than I care to have you count down."
Nevertheless, the singer said that his new album "Born and Raised", which was sided when the granuloma first hit him, will be released as scheduled on May 22. Also, the break from tour cancellation will be used to write his next album.
"I'm pretty emotionally burnt out at the moment, but please know how hard I tried to resolve this and how disappointed I am that I can't perform this record yet. I'm completely bummed, especially for all of you who started making plans to see a show. Nothing feels worse than having to break the stage down before the performance, and I mean nothing," Mayer wrote apologetically.
More John Mayer News
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List