Video: Mary J. Blige and Lauren Alaina Perform on 'American Idol'
Before Ryan Seacrest announced who's going home on Thursday night, March 8, viewers were treated to live performances by mentor Mary J. Blige and last year's "Idol" runner-up Lauren Alaina. The former belted out a song called "Why", while the latter delivered a track titled "Georgia Peaches".
Mary J, who mentored the top 13 contestants with label boss Jimmy Iovine for the first live-performance round, opted for an all-black ensemble when taking the stage for her performance. Lauren, meanwhile, rocked a red one-shoulder top and showed off her inner sassy side while singing the flirty lyrics.
The night was closed by sending home Jeremy Rosado after the judges chose to save Elise Testone. Jeremy sang Stevie Wonder's "Ribbon in the Sky" the night before, and got criticized by Randy Jackson for lacking of "swag". Elise did Whitney Houston's "I'm Your Baby Tonight", but Jennifer Lopez didn't think it was her best performance.
Mary J. Blige:
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton