Video: Mary J. Blige and Lauren Alaina Perform on 'American Idol'
Before Ryan Seacrest announced who's going home on Thursday night, March 8, viewers were treated to live performances by mentor Mary J. Blige and last year's "Idol" runner-up Lauren Alaina. The former belted out a song called "Why", while the latter delivered a track titled "Georgia Peaches".
Mary J, who mentored the top 13 contestants with label boss Jimmy Iovine for the first live-performance round, opted for an all-black ensemble when taking the stage for her performance. Lauren, meanwhile, rocked a red one-shoulder top and showed off her inner sassy side while singing the flirty lyrics.
The night was closed by sending home Jeremy Rosado after the judges chose to save Elise Testone. Jeremy sang Stevie Wonder's "Ribbon in the Sky" the night before, and got criticized by Randy Jackson for lacking of "swag". Elise did Whitney Houston's "I'm Your Baby Tonight", but Jennifer Lopez didn't think it was her best performance.
Mary J. Blige:
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'