Video: Mary J. Blige and Lauren Alaina Perform on 'American Idol'
Before Ryan Seacrest announced who's going home on Thursday night, March 8, viewers were treated to live performances by mentor Mary J. Blige and last year's "Idol" runner-up Lauren Alaina. The former belted out a song called "Why", while the latter delivered a track titled "Georgia Peaches".
Mary J, who mentored the top 13 contestants with label boss Jimmy Iovine for the first live-performance round, opted for an all-black ensemble when taking the stage for her performance. Lauren, meanwhile, rocked a red one-shoulder top and showed off her inner sassy side while singing the flirty lyrics.
The night was closed by sending home Jeremy Rosado after the judges chose to save Elise Testone. Jeremy sang Stevie Wonder's "Ribbon in the Sky" the night before, and got criticized by Randy Jackson for lacking of "swag". Elise did Whitney Houston's "I'm Your Baby Tonight", but Jennifer Lopez didn't think it was her best performance.
Mary J. Blige:
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4