Video: Mary J. Blige and Lauren Alaina Perform on 'American Idol'
Before Ryan Seacrest announced who's going home on Thursday night, March 8, viewers were treated to live performances by mentor Mary J. Blige and last year's "Idol" runner-up Lauren Alaina. The former belted out a song called "Why", while the latter delivered a track titled "Georgia Peaches".
Mary J, who mentored the top 13 contestants with label boss Jimmy Iovine for the first live-performance round, opted for an all-black ensemble when taking the stage for her performance. Lauren, meanwhile, rocked a red one-shoulder top and showed off her inner sassy side while singing the flirty lyrics.
The night was closed by sending home Jeremy Rosado after the judges chose to save Elise Testone. Jeremy sang Stevie Wonder's "Ribbon in the Sky" the night before, and got criticized by Randy Jackson for lacking of "swag". Elise did Whitney Houston's "I'm Your Baby Tonight", but Jennifer Lopez didn't think it was her best performance.
Mary J. Blige:
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off