Video: Mary J. Blige and Lauren Alaina Perform on 'American Idol'
Before Ryan Seacrest announced who's going home on Thursday night, March 8, viewers were treated to live performances by mentor Mary J. Blige and last year's "Idol" runner-up Lauren Alaina. The former belted out a song called "Why", while the latter delivered a track titled "Georgia Peaches".
Mary J, who mentored the top 13 contestants with label boss Jimmy Iovine for the first live-performance round, opted for an all-black ensemble when taking the stage for her performance. Lauren, meanwhile, rocked a red one-shoulder top and showed off her inner sassy side while singing the flirty lyrics.
The night was closed by sending home Jeremy Rosado after the judges chose to save Elise Testone. Jeremy sang Stevie Wonder's "Ribbon in the Sky" the night before, and got criticized by Randy Jackson for lacking of "swag". Elise did Whitney Houston's "I'm Your Baby Tonight", but Jennifer Lopez didn't think it was her best performance.
Mary J. Blige:
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video