Angelina Jolie's 'Maleficent' to Start Filming in June, Elle Fanning In Talks to Play Aurora
After working behind the lens of "In the Land of Blood and Honey", Angelina Jolie will be soon back acting in front of camera. Her next starring vehicle "Maleficent" has been set to start production in June in London.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Robert Stromberg who is tapped to serve as a director has already been in the U.K. preparing for the filming. Meanwhile, Elle Fanning is reported to be eying the protagonist role of Princess Aurora, who is described as "the young beauty sent into a lengthy slumber in the classic tale."
In "Maleficent", Jolie has been long attached to portray the titular villain. Allegedly a passion project for the "Salt" actress, the Disney movie is a re-telling of the famous fairytale, "Sleeping Beauty".
Tim Burton was initially slated to direct it, but he dropped out of the project in mid-2011. David Yates, who directed the last four "Harry Potter" films, was then rumored to replace the "Alice in Wonderland" helmer, but Stromberg ended up taking the directing seat.
As for Fanning, the 13-year-old starlet has starred in J.J. Abrams' "Super 8" and Cameron Crowe's "We Bought a Zoo". The younger sister of actress Dakota Fanning will be next seen in Francis Ford Coppola's "Twixt".
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen