Angelina Jolie's 'Maleficent' to Start Filming in June, Elle Fanning In Talks to Play Aurora
After working behind the lens of "In the Land of Blood and Honey", Angelina Jolie will be soon back acting in front of camera. Her next starring vehicle "Maleficent" has been set to start production in June in London.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Robert Stromberg who is tapped to serve as a director has already been in the U.K. preparing for the filming. Meanwhile, Elle Fanning is reported to be eying the protagonist role of Princess Aurora, who is described as "the young beauty sent into a lengthy slumber in the classic tale."
In "Maleficent", Jolie has been long attached to portray the titular villain. Allegedly a passion project for the "Salt" actress, the Disney movie is a re-telling of the famous fairytale, "Sleeping Beauty".
Tim Burton was initially slated to direct it, but he dropped out of the project in mid-2011. David Yates, who directed the last four "Harry Potter" films, was then rumored to replace the "Alice in Wonderland" helmer, but Stromberg ended up taking the directing seat.
As for Fanning, the 13-year-old starlet has starred in J.J. Abrams' "Super 8" and Cameron Crowe's "We Bought a Zoo". The younger sister of actress Dakota Fanning will be next seen in Francis Ford Coppola's "Twixt".
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'