Sneak Peek: Whitney Houston's Manager Talks to Oprah About Fear of the Star's Tragic Death
A look at Oprah Winfrey's interview with Whitney Houston's family has been released by OWN, sharing an excerpt of a chat between the "Oprah's Next Chapter" host and the late pop icon's manager/sister-in-law, Patricia Houston. In the clip, Patricia admits she had suspected that drugs would end up taking the "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker's life.
"The handwriting was kind of on the wall," Patricia admitted before adding, "I would be kidding myself to say otherwise." However, she thought the danger period had ended since the diva was turning her life around.
Asked if she was always afraid that Whitney would be gone too soon, Patricia replied, "If things hadn't changed, but things were changing, things were really changing with her, very much so...." She continued explaining, "It wasn't about the substance abuse or anything like that relative to the latter days or anything like that, I think it was more of lifestyle."
"I was afraid for other things, lifestyle more so than..." she further added. On what kind of lifestyle that caused her to have some concerns for Whitney, she shared, "I saw her chasing a dream, looking for love in all the wrong places."
Oprah's interview with Whitney's family will be featured in a Sunday, March 11 episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter" that airs at 9 P.M. ET/PT on OWN. The "Bodyguard" actress' daughter with Bobby Brown, Bobbi Kristina, as well as the singer's brother, Gary Houston, will also sit down with the former daytime talk show queen.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce