Sneak Peek: Whitney Houston's Manager Talks to Oprah About Fear of the Star's Tragic Death
A look at Oprah Winfrey's interview with Whitney Houston's family has been released by OWN, sharing an excerpt of a chat between the "Oprah's Next Chapter" host and the late pop icon's manager/sister-in-law, Patricia Houston. In the clip, Patricia admits she had suspected that drugs would end up taking the "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker's life.
"The handwriting was kind of on the wall," Patricia admitted before adding, "I would be kidding myself to say otherwise." However, she thought the danger period had ended since the diva was turning her life around.
Asked if she was always afraid that Whitney would be gone too soon, Patricia replied, "If things hadn't changed, but things were changing, things were really changing with her, very much so...." She continued explaining, "It wasn't about the substance abuse or anything like that relative to the latter days or anything like that, I think it was more of lifestyle."
"I was afraid for other things, lifestyle more so than..." she further added. On what kind of lifestyle that caused her to have some concerns for Whitney, she shared, "I saw her chasing a dream, looking for love in all the wrong places."
Oprah's interview with Whitney's family will be featured in a Sunday, March 11 episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter" that airs at 9 P.M. ET/PT on OWN. The "Bodyguard" actress' daughter with Bobby Brown, Bobbi Kristina, as well as the singer's brother, Gary Houston, will also sit down with the former daytime talk show queen.
Sneak peek of Oprah Winfrey's interview with Whitney Houston's family
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'It' Teaser and Poster Are Released Ahead of Official Teaser Trailer
- Zayn Malik Dyes His Hair Green. See His Wild Makeover
- Taylor Swift Laughs Off Rumors of Her Missing. Find Out Where She's Been
- 'American Horror Story' 7th Installment Casts Billy Eichner
- T.I. 'Begged' Tiny to Sleep Together Again Amid Reports They Reconcile
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian