Sneak Peek: Whitney Houston's Manager Talks to Oprah About Fear of the Star's Tragic Death
A look at Oprah Winfrey's interview with Whitney Houston's family has been released by OWN, sharing an excerpt of a chat between the "Oprah's Next Chapter" host and the late pop icon's manager/sister-in-law, Patricia Houston. In the clip, Patricia admits she had suspected that drugs would end up taking the "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker's life.
"The handwriting was kind of on the wall," Patricia admitted before adding, "I would be kidding myself to say otherwise." However, she thought the danger period had ended since the diva was turning her life around.
Asked if she was always afraid that Whitney would be gone too soon, Patricia replied, "If things hadn't changed, but things were changing, things were really changing with her, very much so...." She continued explaining, "It wasn't about the substance abuse or anything like that relative to the latter days or anything like that, I think it was more of lifestyle."
"I was afraid for other things, lifestyle more so than..." she further added. On what kind of lifestyle that caused her to have some concerns for Whitney, she shared, "I saw her chasing a dream, looking for love in all the wrong places."
Oprah's interview with Whitney's family will be featured in a Sunday, March 11 episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter" that airs at 9 P.M. ET/PT on OWN. The "Bodyguard" actress' daughter with Bobby Brown, Bobbi Kristina, as well as the singer's brother, Gary Houston, will also sit down with the former daytime talk show queen.
Sneak peek of Oprah Winfrey's interview with Whitney Houston's family
- Comic-Con: Netflix Renews 'Iron Fist for' Season 2
- Bella Thorne Hilariously 'Recreates' Fake Masturbating Video
- Linkin Park Cancels Tour in the Wake of Chester Bennington's Tragic Death
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child