Sneak Peek: Whitney Houston's Manager Talks to Oprah About Fear of the Star's Tragic Death
A look at Oprah Winfrey's interview with Whitney Houston's family has been released by OWN, sharing an excerpt of a chat between the "Oprah's Next Chapter" host and the late pop icon's manager/sister-in-law, Patricia Houston. In the clip, Patricia admits she had suspected that drugs would end up taking the "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker's life.
"The handwriting was kind of on the wall," Patricia admitted before adding, "I would be kidding myself to say otherwise." However, she thought the danger period had ended since the diva was turning her life around.
Asked if she was always afraid that Whitney would be gone too soon, Patricia replied, "If things hadn't changed, but things were changing, things were really changing with her, very much so...." She continued explaining, "It wasn't about the substance abuse or anything like that relative to the latter days or anything like that, I think it was more of lifestyle."
"I was afraid for other things, lifestyle more so than..." she further added. On what kind of lifestyle that caused her to have some concerns for Whitney, she shared, "I saw her chasing a dream, looking for love in all the wrong places."
Oprah's interview with Whitney's family will be featured in a Sunday, March 11 episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter" that airs at 9 P.M. ET/PT on OWN. The "Bodyguard" actress' daughter with Bobby Brown, Bobbi Kristina, as well as the singer's brother, Gary Houston, will also sit down with the former daytime talk show queen.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show