Christina Aguilera's New Song 'Casa de Mi Padre' Surfaces Online
Christina Aguilera returns to her Latin roots in a new flamenco-inspired song. The female judge and vocal coach of "The Voice" belts out lyrics to "Casa de Mi Padre" that serves as a soundtrack for Will Ferrell's upcoming movie of the same name.
Xtina released her first Spanish effort "Mi Reflejo" in 2000. She re-recorded a Spanish version of her hit singles like "Genie in a Bottle" and "What a Girl Wants" and crafted some new original materials. Through the album, she won Best Female Pop Vocal Album at 2001 Latin Grammy Awards.
Over the years, she continued to revisit her roots like recording a Spanish version of her 2002 track "Get Mine, Get Yours" and singing 2004 "Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights" soundtrack. In 2010, the half-Ecuadorian singer included Spanish-language song "Desnudate" to her latest studio album "Bionic".
"Casa de Mi Padre" movie itself is a telenovela-influenced comedy which revolves around the life of a charismatic character named Armando Alvarez as a rancher, son, lover and vigilante. The lead role is tackled by Ferrell with the likes of Diego Luna and Genesis Rodriguez as supporting cast. The film is set to be released on March 17.
More Christina Aguilera News
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech