Christina Aguilera's New Song 'Casa de Mi Padre' Surfaces Online
Christina Aguilera returns to her Latin roots in a new flamenco-inspired song. The female judge and vocal coach of "The Voice" belts out lyrics to "Casa de Mi Padre" that serves as a soundtrack for Will Ferrell's upcoming movie of the same name.
Xtina released her first Spanish effort "Mi Reflejo" in 2000. She re-recorded a Spanish version of her hit singles like "Genie in a Bottle" and "What a Girl Wants" and crafted some new original materials. Through the album, she won Best Female Pop Vocal Album at 2001 Latin Grammy Awards.
Over the years, she continued to revisit her roots like recording a Spanish version of her 2002 track "Get Mine, Get Yours" and singing 2004 "Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights" soundtrack. In 2010, the half-Ecuadorian singer included Spanish-language song "Desnudate" to her latest studio album "Bionic".
"Casa de Mi Padre" movie itself is a telenovela-influenced comedy which revolves around the life of a charismatic character named Armando Alvarez as a rancher, son, lover and vigilante. The lead role is tackled by Ferrell with the likes of Diego Luna and Genesis Rodriguez as supporting cast. The film is set to be released on March 17.
More Christina Aguilera News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed