Whitney Houston Excludes Ex-Husband From Will, Leaves Entire Estate to Daughter
Whitney Houston has indeed appointed her daughter as her only heir. Although she first drafted her will in 1993 and amended it in 2000, the late "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" singer left nothing to her then-husband Bobby Brown. Instead, she gave all of her money, furniture, clothing, personal effects, jewelry, and cars to Bobbi Kristina.
The 19-page document was read on Wednesday, March 7, in Atlanta, Georgia where it was filed, Inside Edition reported. It was detailed that 19-year-old Bobbi will receive the money, which is placed in a trust, in three stages. She will get a portion of it when she turns 21, a little more at 25 and the remainder on her 30th birthday.
Houston's will also named her mother, Cissy, as the executor, and her brother and sister-in-law as the trustees, who will be in charge of signing off on withdrawals for necessities such as school tuition, the purchase of a home and business expenses. It additionally mentions that if Bobbi died before Houston, her ex-husband, Bobby, her mother Cissy and other relatives would have to share her entire estate.
Bobbi Kristina herself will share "personal memories of her mom and how she would like the iconic superstar to be remembered" on Sunday, March 11. Sitting down with Oprah Winfrey for an "Oprah's Next Chapter" episode, it will be her first TV interview since her mother passed away on February 11.
However, words recently spread that members of Bobbi's family weren't keen on the timing of the interview. "There is still no resolution and there has been nothing concrete on the cause of [Whitney's] death, and they were hoping for that," a family friend explained to PEOPLE. "There are people who just want her to stay out of the limelight for a while. This is a little girl who just needs some time."
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event