Whitney Houston to Be Honored by BET in 'Celebration of Gospel'
The life and legacy of Whitney Houston continue to be celebrated by her fans and fellow artists. When BET's "Celebration of Gospel" returns for its 12th annual celebration next week, the late New Jersey singer whose "singing gift was anchored in her gospel roots" will be honored in a special segment.
The two-hour special is going to feature the likes of Kirk Franklin, Yolanda Adams, Pastor Shirley Caesar, Fred Hammond, Marvin Sapp, The Rance Allen Group, James Fortune and FIYA. There will also be special appearances by Faith Evans, Johnny Gill, Ledisi and Kelly Price.
The concert will be hosted by Steve Harvey and taped Friday, March 16 at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles. It will air on April 1, marking the first time in its 12 year history it broadcasts during the Easter Season. In addition to honoring Whitney, the gig will salute "Mother of Gospel Music" and four-time Grammy-award winner Mahalia Jackson.
Following Whitney Houston's sudden passing on February 11 this year, there have been countless tributes dedicated to the "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker. Most recently, female contestants of "American Idol" season 11 covered songs from her catalog in its first live-performance round.
More Whitney Houston News
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds