Whitney Houston to Be Honored by BET in 'Celebration of Gospel'
The life and legacy of Whitney Houston continue to be celebrated by her fans and fellow artists. When BET's "Celebration of Gospel" returns for its 12th annual celebration next week, the late New Jersey singer whose "singing gift was anchored in her gospel roots" will be honored in a special segment.
The two-hour special is going to feature the likes of Kirk Franklin, Yolanda Adams, Pastor Shirley Caesar, Fred Hammond, Marvin Sapp, The Rance Allen Group, James Fortune and FIYA. There will also be special appearances by Faith Evans, Johnny Gill, Ledisi and Kelly Price.
The concert will be hosted by Steve Harvey and taped Friday, March 16 at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles. It will air on April 1, marking the first time in its 12 year history it broadcasts during the Easter Season. In addition to honoring Whitney, the gig will salute "Mother of Gospel Music" and four-time Grammy-award winner Mahalia Jackson.
Following Whitney Houston's sudden passing on February 11 this year, there have been countless tributes dedicated to the "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker. Most recently, female contestants of "American Idol" season 11 covered songs from her catalog in its first live-performance round.
More Whitney Houston News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered