Jake Gyllenhaal Could Replace Dominic Cooper as Ex-Felon in 'Motor City'
Jake Gyllenhaal could end up playing an ex-felon in his next film. The Jack Twist in "Brokeback Mountain" is currently in negotiations to tackle the lead role in an revenge thriller called "Motor City", Variety reported. He is expected to replace former leading man Dominic Cooper, who bailed out the project due to scheduling conflicts.
Should the younger brother of Maggie Gyllenhaal close the deal with Warner Bros. Pictures, he will join Amber Heard and Gary Oldman who have previously been attached to the cast ensemble. Heard would play the protagonist's love interest, while Oldman would star as a mafia kingpin.
"Motor City" centers on a man who gets released from prison and sets out on a revenge mission to hunt down the people who framed him. Serving as the helmer is "The Book of Eli" director Albert Hughes with Chad St. John providing the script. The principal photography, meanwhile, is planned to kick off in Berlin this May.
Gyllenhaal last starred in Duncan Jones' "Source Code" opposite Michelle Monaghan and Vera Farmiga. His forthcoming project is David Ayers' cop drama "End of Watch", which also stars Anna Kendrick and America Ferrera.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'