Jake Gyllenhaal Could Replace Dominic Cooper as Ex-Felon in 'Motor City'
Jake Gyllenhaal could end up playing an ex-felon in his next film. The Jack Twist in "Brokeback Mountain" is currently in negotiations to tackle the lead role in an revenge thriller called "Motor City", Variety reported. He is expected to replace former leading man Dominic Cooper, who bailed out the project due to scheduling conflicts.
Should the younger brother of Maggie Gyllenhaal close the deal with Warner Bros. Pictures, he will join Amber Heard and Gary Oldman who have previously been attached to the cast ensemble. Heard would play the protagonist's love interest, while Oldman would star as a mafia kingpin.
"Motor City" centers on a man who gets released from prison and sets out on a revenge mission to hunt down the people who framed him. Serving as the helmer is "The Book of Eli" director Albert Hughes with Chad St. John providing the script. The principal photography, meanwhile, is planned to kick off in Berlin this May.
Gyllenhaal last starred in Duncan Jones' "Source Code" opposite Michelle Monaghan and Vera Farmiga. His forthcoming project is David Ayers' cop drama "End of Watch", which also stars Anna Kendrick and America Ferrera.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame