Scotty McCreery Records 'Please Remember Me' for 'American Idol' Exit Song
Scotty McCreery has recorded a song that will be used to send home one contestant of "American Idol" season 11 every week. The last year's winner of the singing competition has cut Tim McGraw's 1999 hit "Please Remember Me" for the farewell song.
"I've known that song forever and loved it," he tells USA Today. "I sent (him) a little message and told him we just cut it and it was going to be on 'Idol' every week. He said, 'Oh, man. That's really cool. I'm sure you nailed it.' He gave me some good feedback."
The song will be released on iTunes this coming Thursday, March 8, and will be heard for the first time on the show on the same day after the top-13 performances. "Every week, when the song would play and we'd have to watch the goodbye video, it was always a tough time," Scotty says. "I never had to experience it, but I always felt it."
Scotty is expected to return to the show this season. "I was ecstatic and I'm glad to get to be on there. It's cool to still be connected to the show every week," he gushes. "Most likely, I'll be able to come back and perform and get to see all those familiar faces and give the current Idols some advice."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'