Scotty McCreery Records 'Please Remember Me' for 'American Idol' Exit Song
Scotty McCreery has recorded a song that will be used to send home one contestant of "American Idol" season 11 every week. The last year's winner of the singing competition has cut Tim McGraw's 1999 hit "Please Remember Me" for the farewell song.
"I've known that song forever and loved it," he tells USA Today. "I sent (him) a little message and told him we just cut it and it was going to be on 'Idol' every week. He said, 'Oh, man. That's really cool. I'm sure you nailed it.' He gave me some good feedback."
The song will be released on iTunes this coming Thursday, March 8, and will be heard for the first time on the show on the same day after the top-13 performances. "Every week, when the song would play and we'd have to watch the goodbye video, it was always a tough time," Scotty says. "I never had to experience it, but I always felt it."
Scotty is expected to return to the show this season. "I was ecstatic and I'm glad to get to be on there. It's cool to still be connected to the show every week," he gushes. "Most likely, I'll be able to come back and perform and get to see all those familiar faces and give the current Idols some advice."
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It