Scotty McCreery Records 'Please Remember Me' for 'American Idol' Exit Song
Scotty McCreery has recorded a song that will be used to send home one contestant of "American Idol" season 11 every week. The last year's winner of the singing competition has cut Tim McGraw's 1999 hit "Please Remember Me" for the farewell song.
"I've known that song forever and loved it," he tells USA Today. "I sent (him) a little message and told him we just cut it and it was going to be on 'Idol' every week. He said, 'Oh, man. That's really cool. I'm sure you nailed it.' He gave me some good feedback."
The song will be released on iTunes this coming Thursday, March 8, and will be heard for the first time on the show on the same day after the top-13 performances. "Every week, when the song would play and we'd have to watch the goodbye video, it was always a tough time," Scotty says. "I never had to experience it, but I always felt it."
Scotty is expected to return to the show this season. "I was ecstatic and I'm glad to get to be on there. It's cool to still be connected to the show every week," he gushes. "Most likely, I'll be able to come back and perform and get to see all those familiar faces and give the current Idols some advice."
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week