Scotty McCreery Records 'Please Remember Me' for 'American Idol' Exit Song
Scotty McCreery has recorded a song that will be used to send home one contestant of "American Idol" season 11 every week. The last year's winner of the singing competition has cut Tim McGraw's 1999 hit "Please Remember Me" for the farewell song.
"I've known that song forever and loved it," he tells USA Today. "I sent (him) a little message and told him we just cut it and it was going to be on 'Idol' every week. He said, 'Oh, man. That's really cool. I'm sure you nailed it.' He gave me some good feedback."
The song will be released on iTunes this coming Thursday, March 8, and will be heard for the first time on the show on the same day after the top-13 performances. "Every week, when the song would play and we'd have to watch the goodbye video, it was always a tough time," Scotty says. "I never had to experience it, but I always felt it."
Scotty is expected to return to the show this season. "I was ecstatic and I'm glad to get to be on there. It's cool to still be connected to the show every week," he gushes. "Most likely, I'll be able to come back and perform and get to see all those familiar faces and give the current Idols some advice."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special