Jay-Z to Stream His Concert Live From SXSW 2012
After showing up as a surprise guest at Kanye West's G.O.O.D Music showcase last spring, Jay-Z is set to return to South by Southwest (SXSW) festival as a headliner this year. The rap mogul won't hold just any concert since he will stream it live on YouTube and reportedly plans a big show with fellow rapper Eminem.
The gig, in conjunction with American Express, will air live from Austin City Limits on March 12 at 7 P.M. CST, and will rebroadcast on-demand from March 13-19. Fans can take part in deciding the setlist by tweeting their favorite songs. "Just use #JAYZSyncShow and #Song when you Tweet. If your song is the most requested, he'll perform it live from Austin," so it was announced.
An annual music, film and interactive conference, this year's SXSW is going to run from March 9 to March 18 in Austin Texas. It will be made merry by the likes of Talib Kweli, The Ting Tings, Rye Rye, K'naan, Grace Potter, Of Montreal, Best Coast, Gossip, Miike Snow, M. Ward, Bruce Springsteen and John Mayer.
More Jay-Z News
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo