Jay-Z to Stream His Concert Live From SXSW 2012
After showing up as a surprise guest at Kanye West's G.O.O.D Music showcase last spring, Jay-Z is set to return to South by Southwest (SXSW) festival as a headliner this year. The rap mogul won't hold just any concert since he will stream it live on YouTube and reportedly plans a big show with fellow rapper Eminem.
The gig, in conjunction with American Express, will air live from Austin City Limits on March 12 at 7 P.M. CST, and will rebroadcast on-demand from March 13-19. Fans can take part in deciding the setlist by tweeting their favorite songs. "Just use #JAYZSyncShow and #Song when you Tweet. If your song is the most requested, he'll perform it live from Austin," so it was announced.
An annual music, film and interactive conference, this year's SXSW is going to run from March 9 to March 18 in Austin Texas. It will be made merry by the likes of Talib Kweli, The Ting Tings, Rye Rye, K'naan, Grace Potter, Of Montreal, Best Coast, Gossip, Miike Snow, M. Ward, Bruce Springsteen and John Mayer.
More Jay-Z News
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection