Zooey Deschanel Praises Lindsay Lohan's 'SNL' Hosting Gig
Though most critics panned Lindsay Lohan's performance in the latest episode of "Saturday Night Live", she at least got Zooey Deschanel backing her up. Met recently at PaleyFest, the Jessica Day of "New Girl" even praised her fellow "SNL" host.
"It's so hard. And can I say something? I thought she did a really good job; everyone reads off cue cards," the She & Him member said in defense of Lohan's hosting gig. "There were some people saying 'She read off cue cards!' Everyone - the cast members, the host - everyone reads off cue cards. That's how it's done, because they change the script right before, so you have to read off cue cards."
Deschanel went on talking about her own experience when hosting a February 11 episode of "SNL" as saying, "It's a very hard thing to do." Still, she enjoyed it and called it "very fun - one of the best weeks of my life."
"It was a lot of rehearsal, a lot of work leading up to it, and it's difficult," the 32-year-old actress/singer continued sharing. "Live performances are its own thing, but it's a wonderful thing. It takes a lot of energy."
In another news, Tina Fey's representative has explained why the "30 Rock" star skipped the "SNL" episode hosted by Lohan. "Tina was committed to doing the monologue with Lindsay but both of her children got sick. She was unable to participate as planned," the rep stated.
Previously, Fey's absence from the latest edition of the NBC variety show sparked rumors that she skipped the show to avoid working with Lohan, her "Mean Girls" co-star.
More Saturday Night Live News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris