Zooey Deschanel Praises Lindsay Lohan's 'SNL' Hosting Gig
Though most critics panned Lindsay Lohan's performance in the latest episode of "Saturday Night Live", she at least got Zooey Deschanel backing her up. Met recently at PaleyFest, the Jessica Day of "New Girl" even praised her fellow "SNL" host.
"It's so hard. And can I say something? I thought she did a really good job; everyone reads off cue cards," the She & Him member said in defense of Lohan's hosting gig. "There were some people saying 'She read off cue cards!' Everyone - the cast members, the host - everyone reads off cue cards. That's how it's done, because they change the script right before, so you have to read off cue cards."
Deschanel went on talking about her own experience when hosting a February 11 episode of "SNL" as saying, "It's a very hard thing to do." Still, she enjoyed it and called it "very fun - one of the best weeks of my life."
"It was a lot of rehearsal, a lot of work leading up to it, and it's difficult," the 32-year-old actress/singer continued sharing. "Live performances are its own thing, but it's a wonderful thing. It takes a lot of energy."
In another news, Tina Fey's representative has explained why the "30 Rock" star skipped the "SNL" episode hosted by Lohan. "Tina was committed to doing the monologue with Lindsay but both of her children got sick. She was unable to participate as planned," the rep stated.
Previously, Fey's absence from the latest edition of the NBC variety show sparked rumors that she skipped the show to avoid working with Lohan, her "Mean Girls" co-star.
More Saturday Night Live News
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier
- Here's Why 'Avengers 4' Doesn't Have a Title Yet
- Gucci Mane Brings Out A$AP Rocky, Chief Keef, 50 Cent and More at Coachella
- Alex Rodriguez Says His Relationship With Jennifer Lopez Is 'Moving in the Right Direction'
- Ed Sheeran May Quit Music Once He Starts a Family