'Gossip Girl' Going to China
"Gossip Girl" will soon spread her influence in China as a deal has been reached among Chinese production firms Mei Tian Mei Yu and H&R Century TV, Warner Bros. International Television Production and the creative team of CW's "Gossip Girl".
The 30-episode series is set in China, focusing on student life at the prestigious Shanghai International University, the school crowded by the rich and powerful. Production is expected to launch in June this year and premiere in November with "Palace" actress Yang Mi playing a recurring role on the series. The hour-long teen drama series will do a nationwide casting search later this month.
"We are delighted to be working with Mei Tan and H&R to bring this new series to one of the most vibrant and exciting countries on the planet, China," added Andrew Zein, Senior Vice President, Creative, Format Development and Sales, Warner Bros. International Television Production.
According to the press release, each week, the main characters' trust, love and friendship are tested, with all the behind-the-scenes tales recorded in a blog. In the beginning, they are confused and lost, however over time, they discover who they really are and eventually find the right path to pursue their dreams.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage