'Gossip Girl' Going to China
"Gossip Girl" will soon spread her influence in China as a deal has been reached among Chinese production firms Mei Tian Mei Yu and H&R Century TV, Warner Bros. International Television Production and the creative team of CW's "Gossip Girl".
The 30-episode series is set in China, focusing on student life at the prestigious Shanghai International University, the school crowded by the rich and powerful. Production is expected to launch in June this year and premiere in November with "Palace" actress Yang Mi playing a recurring role on the series. The hour-long teen drama series will do a nationwide casting search later this month.
"We are delighted to be working with Mei Tan and H&R to bring this new series to one of the most vibrant and exciting countries on the planet, China," added Andrew Zein, Senior Vice President, Creative, Format Development and Sales, Warner Bros. International Television Production.
According to the press release, each week, the main characters' trust, love and friendship are tested, with all the behind-the-scenes tales recorded in a blog. In the beginning, they are confused and lost, however over time, they discover who they really are and eventually find the right path to pursue their dreams.
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos