'Gossip Girl' Going to China
"Gossip Girl" will soon spread her influence in China as a deal has been reached among Chinese production firms Mei Tian Mei Yu and H&R Century TV, Warner Bros. International Television Production and the creative team of CW's "Gossip Girl".
The 30-episode series is set in China, focusing on student life at the prestigious Shanghai International University, the school crowded by the rich and powerful. Production is expected to launch in June this year and premiere in November with "Palace" actress Yang Mi playing a recurring role on the series. The hour-long teen drama series will do a nationwide casting search later this month.
"We are delighted to be working with Mei Tan and H&R to bring this new series to one of the most vibrant and exciting countries on the planet, China," added Andrew Zein, Senior Vice President, Creative, Format Development and Sales, Warner Bros. International Television Production.
According to the press release, each week, the main characters' trust, love and friendship are tested, with all the behind-the-scenes tales recorded in a blog. In the beginning, they are confused and lost, however over time, they discover who they really are and eventually find the right path to pursue their dreams.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child