'Gossip Girl' Going to China
"Gossip Girl" will soon spread her influence in China as a deal has been reached among Chinese production firms Mei Tian Mei Yu and H&R Century TV, Warner Bros. International Television Production and the creative team of CW's "Gossip Girl".
The 30-episode series is set in China, focusing on student life at the prestigious Shanghai International University, the school crowded by the rich and powerful. Production is expected to launch in June this year and premiere in November with "Palace" actress Yang Mi playing a recurring role on the series. The hour-long teen drama series will do a nationwide casting search later this month.
"We are delighted to be working with Mei Tan and H&R to bring this new series to one of the most vibrant and exciting countries on the planet, China," added Andrew Zein, Senior Vice President, Creative, Format Development and Sales, Warner Bros. International Television Production.
According to the press release, each week, the main characters' trust, love and friendship are tested, with all the behind-the-scenes tales recorded in a blog. In the beginning, they are confused and lost, however over time, they discover who they really are and eventually find the right path to pursue their dreams.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie