'Gossip Girl' Going to China
"Gossip Girl" will soon spread her influence in China as a deal has been reached among Chinese production firms Mei Tian Mei Yu and H&R Century TV, Warner Bros. International Television Production and the creative team of CW's "Gossip Girl".
The 30-episode series is set in China, focusing on student life at the prestigious Shanghai International University, the school crowded by the rich and powerful. Production is expected to launch in June this year and premiere in November with "Palace" actress Yang Mi playing a recurring role on the series. The hour-long teen drama series will do a nationwide casting search later this month.
"We are delighted to be working with Mei Tan and H&R to bring this new series to one of the most vibrant and exciting countries on the planet, China," added Andrew Zein, Senior Vice President, Creative, Format Development and Sales, Warner Bros. International Television Production.
According to the press release, each week, the main characters' trust, love and friendship are tested, with all the behind-the-scenes tales recorded in a blog. In the beginning, they are confused and lost, however over time, they discover who they really are and eventually find the right path to pursue their dreams.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!