La Toya Jackson Confirms Whitney Houston's Affair With Jermaine
Rumors about Whitney Houston's affair with Michael Jackson's older brother, Jermaine Jackson, back in the '80s might be true after all. The swirling gossip has been confirmed as a fact by none other than Jermaine's sister, La Toya Jackson.
In a Monday, March 5 interview for "The Talk", La Toya opened up about the recently deceased songstress' secret romance with her brother back then in 1984 when the two recorded a song together. Jermaine, however, denied the affair in his biography book in respect of Whitney's privacy as a rising star.
"Well, in '84, Jermaine and Whitney did work together," claimed La Toya. "That was the beginning of her career, basically. Sometimes when you work closely with someone... " She continued on, "I think that Jermaine wrote that in his book to protect Whitney at that particular time and he has admitted that they had an affair."
Following Whitney's sudden death last February, a video featuring the "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker having a duet with Jermaine surfaced on the internet. Previously, The Sun broke the news of the pair's affair by claiming that Michael Jackson did know about Jermaine's secret love but the late King of Pop didn't approve their relationship since his brother was still married to Hazel Gordy.
A friend close to both Whitney and Jermaine additionally told the papers, "Her death has devastated Jermaine because of the history between them." The source added, "No one understood the scale of his grief because they didn't know what they shared."
In his biography book, Jermaine confessed that he'd been struggling to put his feeling for Whitney aside for the sake of his marriage. A few weeks ago, the singer retracted a press release, which announced he had dedicated his song "The First Time You Love" to Whitney, and insisted that it was published without his permission.
More Whitney Houston News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Gets Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed