First Look at Vanessa Hudgens With Scraggly Blond Locks on 'Spring Breakers' Set
Vanessa Hudgens drastically changed her look for her role as a female gang member in "Spring Breakers". The former Disney darling was caught on camera ditching her signature brunette locks and going blond while strolling around the set of the film in Sarasota, Florida.
On Monday, March 5, the "Beastly" actress was spotted rocking a scraggly honey blond wig as she arrived on the set for the first day of filming. Wearing an oversized gray jumper that she paired with sweat shorts and flip-flops, the 23-year-old starlet was seen walking together with co-star Selena Gomez and Ashley Benson.
In between breaks, the "Sucker Punch" actress was photographed changing her outfit into a purple jacket and a turquoise tube that she combined with hot pants. She was also seen grabbing a cup of coffee and munching on a biscuit. At one point, the film beauty was spotted going around the set with Benson on a golf buggy.
In the upcoming film, Hudgens will star as Candy. Recently, she shared to E! News that her character is a "crazy party girl." She went on describing Candy, "She's one I feel kind of gets everyone going and pushes everyone a little bit."
Hudgens admitted that she loves to play Candy because the character is partly related to herself. "I think at the end of the day you have to do parts that you could semi-relate. I'm certainly not one who is going to rob a bank, but there is a part of me that loves smashing things and I get to do that," she said.
"Spring Breakers" tells the story of four college girls who rob fast food joint so they can afford to go on spring break in Florida. Hudgens, Gomez and Benson are joined by James Franco who plays a drug and arms dealer who bails the girls out of jail and entices them to kill his rival.
Harmony Korine serves as the helmer and provides the screenplay for the edgy drama. His wife, Rachel Korine, will tackle a supporting role along with "Glee" star Heather Morris. The movie has yet to set a U.S. release date.
As for Hudgens, this was not the first time the former "High School Musical" star was snapped undergoing a drastic transformation to play a character in a movie. Back in July 2011, she was spotted donning an unflattering frumpy look on the set of "Gimme Shelter" in Newark, New Jersey.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'