'Terra Nova' Canceled by FOX, Pitched to Other Networks
"Terra Nova" failed to get a renewal order from FOX. After months of speculations about whether or not the show will return for a second season, the network has finally decided to pull the plug on the prehistoric dino drama after only one season.
Though FOX canceled the big-budgeted sci-fi series, it does not necessarily mean the end of the show. Studio 20th Century Fox TV says it's trying to keep "Terra Nova" alive by shopping it to other networks.
Announcing the cancellation, lead actor Jason O'Mara took to Twitter on Monday, March 5 to write, "Bad news guys, Terra Nova has been cancelled by @FoxBroadcasting. We're gonna try and get another network to do it. Stand by."
Averaging 7.52 million viewers and a 2.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic, "Terra Nova" will likely become the highest-rated canceled show of the season. Words are, the executives at FOX are not too fond of the show, which is also deemed one of the season's most expensive series to produce.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing