Kirk Cameron Receives More Backlash Rather Than Support From Fellow Celebs
Kirk Cameron might have been applauded by Piers Morgan for his statement against homosexuality and gay marriage, but the "Growing Pains" star didn't seem to get more support from fellow celebrities than he has already had. Instead, he received more criticisms including the ones from his co-stars.
Kirk's on-screen sister Tracey Gold was quick to declare which side she's on by tweeting, "I am a strong supporter of the #LGBT Community, and I believe in equal rights for all." Alan Thicke, who plays his on-screen father, was also against him, "I'm getting him some new books. The Old Testament simply can't be expected to explain everything."
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, meanwhile, mocked Kirk, "The only unnatural thing about me being gay is that I had a crush on Kirk Cameron until about 24 hours ago." Debra Messing joined the mockery by writing, "I want to thank Piers Morgan for his response to what he wud say to HIS child if (s)he came out: 'Great, as long as you're happy'."
Craig Ferguson shared his thought, "Rush makes me ashamed to be a middleaged white man and Kirk Cameron makes me ashamed to be a failed actor. We don't all think like that NoH8." Roseanne Barr also attacked Kirk, "Kirk or kurt or whatever Cameron is an accomplice to murder with his hate speech. So is rick warren. Their peers r killing gays in Uganda."
Dave Holmes added, "Remember yesterday afternoon, when Kirk Cameron's views were none of our concern? Let's restore America to that golden age." Michael Showalter posted, "Idea for movie: Human Centipede 3 starring Kirk Cameron and Rush Limbaugh." Martha Plimpton wrote, "The word 'equality' shows up too much in our founding documents for anyone to pretend it's not the American way. #usethe19th #equalitynow."
Kirk Cameron set the tongues wagging with his comments on the Friday, March 2 edition of "Piers Morgan Tonight". Opposing the idea of same-sex marriage, he further suggested that he wouldn't be so accepting if one of his sons told him he was gay. "I wouldn't say 'That's great, son, as long as you're happy.'," he said.
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose