Video: 'The Simpsons' Debuts 'Game of Thrones'-Infused Intro
"The Simpsons" has apparently caught a "Game of Thrones" fever. While the medieval show will only return on HBO in April, the FOX animated series paid homage to critically acclaimed drama series during its Sunday, March 4 episode with a new opening sequence where Springfield and Westeros collide.
The intro features familiar Springfield locations popping up from the ground with mechanical wheels to resemble the "Game of Thrones" opening credits, complete with a similar theme song. Burns appears to be the ruler in the land, where "The Couch" stands as "The Wall".
"Game of Thrones" itself will debut its second season Sunday, April 1 at 9/8c on HBO. The story is based on the second book of George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.
More The Simpsons News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent