Video: 'The Simpsons' Debuts 'Game of Thrones'-Infused Intro
"The Simpsons" has apparently caught a "Game of Thrones" fever. While the medieval show will only return on HBO in April, the FOX animated series paid homage to critically acclaimed drama series during its Sunday, March 4 episode with a new opening sequence where Springfield and Westeros collide.
The intro features familiar Springfield locations popping up from the ground with mechanical wheels to resemble the "Game of Thrones" opening credits, complete with a similar theme song. Burns appears to be the ruler in the land, where "The Couch" stands as "The Wall".
"Game of Thrones" itself will debut its second season Sunday, April 1 at 9/8c on HBO. The story is based on the second book of George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.
More The Simpsons News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?