Video: 'The Simpsons' Debuts 'Game of Thrones'-Infused Intro
"The Simpsons" has apparently caught a "Game of Thrones" fever. While the medieval show will only return on HBO in April, the FOX animated series paid homage to critically acclaimed drama series during its Sunday, March 4 episode with a new opening sequence where Springfield and Westeros collide.
The intro features familiar Springfield locations popping up from the ground with mechanical wheels to resemble the "Game of Thrones" opening credits, complete with a similar theme song. Burns appears to be the ruler in the land, where "The Couch" stands as "The Wall".
"Game of Thrones" itself will debut its second season Sunday, April 1 at 9/8c on HBO. The story is based on the second book of George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6