Video: 'The Simpsons' Debuts 'Game of Thrones'-Infused Intro
"The Simpsons" has apparently caught a "Game of Thrones" fever. While the medieval show will only return on HBO in April, the FOX animated series paid homage to critically acclaimed drama series during its Sunday, March 4 episode with a new opening sequence where Springfield and Westeros collide.
The intro features familiar Springfield locations popping up from the ground with mechanical wheels to resemble the "Game of Thrones" opening credits, complete with a similar theme song. Burns appears to be the ruler in the land, where "The Couch" stands as "The Wall".
"Game of Thrones" itself will debut its second season Sunday, April 1 at 9/8c on HBO. The story is based on the second book of George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.
More The Simpsons News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media