Video: 'The Simpsons' Debuts 'Game of Thrones'-Infused Intro
"The Simpsons" has apparently caught a "Game of Thrones" fever. While the medieval show will only return on HBO in April, the FOX animated series paid homage to critically acclaimed drama series during its Sunday, March 4 episode with a new opening sequence where Springfield and Westeros collide.
The intro features familiar Springfield locations popping up from the ground with mechanical wheels to resemble the "Game of Thrones" opening credits, complete with a similar theme song. Burns appears to be the ruler in the land, where "The Couch" stands as "The Wall".
"Game of Thrones" itself will debut its second season Sunday, April 1 at 9/8c on HBO. The story is based on the second book of George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.
More The Simpsons News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked