Pippa Middleton Proves Her Skill on Skis by Completing Cross-Country Marathon
Pippa Middleton has taken part in one of the toughest cross-country skiing events in the world. On Sunday, March 4, the younger sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, proved her athletic prowess by completing the 88th annual Vasaloppet cross-country ski marathon between Salen and Mora in Sweden.
The 28-year-old joined her brother James and some 15,000 other skiers in the 56-mile race in her effort to raise money for the Magic Breakfast children's charity. Finishing the course in just over 7 hours and 13 minutes, she was the 412th out of 1,734 women contestants to cross the finish line. Her brother, in the meantime, clocked in at 06:47:27.
During the race, the party planner admitted to Swedish broadcaster SVT that the marathon was tiring, and she had only prepared for the race for "a couple of weekends". After completing the course, she said as quoted by the Swedish-language Aftonbladet daily, "It was incredible and it was faster than I thought I would manage. Now I'm going to rest and put my feet up."
A spokesman for the Vasaloppet race, according to Strid, praised Pippa for finishing the course. "I must congratulate Pippa - she had a fantastic performance," so the rep reportedly said. "What she achieved was really impressive for a first timer. She was obviously very fit and in very good shape."
About her effort to raise money itself, Pippa wrote on JustGiving.com, "My brother and I are raising money for Magic Breakfast, a small registered charity that fights child hunger through breakfast clubs and delivering free breakfasts (bagels, cereal, juice and porridge) to thousands of state primary school children in the U.K. particularly our inner cities."
More Pippa Middleton News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked