Plans for Davy Jones' Funeral and Public Memorials Shared
Two days after Davy Jones died of heart attack, plans for his funeral and public memorial services were unraveled. On Friday, March 2, spokeswoman Helen Kensick sent an e-mail to members of the media to announce that a private family service for the former frontman of The Monkees "will be held shortly in Florida."
Kensick additionally spilled that there will also be two public services set up in honor of the "I'm a Believer" hitmaker. Though dishing that those events are being planned in New York and in the United Kingdom, the representative didn't share further details and only noted that the dates have not yet been determined.
In the statement, Kensick also offered details surrounding Jones' Wednesday, February 29 passing. "Jones died after spending a happy family weekend with his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and her family riding horses," the rep said. "There was no sign of illness or of anything being wrong. He died of a massive heart attack while back at the stables with his horses."
Jones died in a Florida hospital on Wednesday morning. Before his death, the 66-year-old singer was said to have been complaining of shortness of breath. Preliminary results of the autopsy uncovered that he suffered ventricular fibrillation due to severe coronary atherosclerosis. He is survived by wife Jessica Pacheco-Jones, three sisters, four daughters and three grandchildren.
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch