Plans for Davy Jones' Funeral and Public Memorials Shared
Two days after Davy Jones died of heart attack, plans for his funeral and public memorial services were unraveled. On Friday, March 2, spokeswoman Helen Kensick sent an e-mail to members of the media to announce that a private family service for the former frontman of The Monkees "will be held shortly in Florida."
Kensick additionally spilled that there will also be two public services set up in honor of the "I'm a Believer" hitmaker. Though dishing that those events are being planned in New York and in the United Kingdom, the representative didn't share further details and only noted that the dates have not yet been determined.
In the statement, Kensick also offered details surrounding Jones' Wednesday, February 29 passing. "Jones died after spending a happy family weekend with his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and her family riding horses," the rep said. "There was no sign of illness or of anything being wrong. He died of a massive heart attack while back at the stables with his horses."
Jones died in a Florida hospital on Wednesday morning. Before his death, the 66-year-old singer was said to have been complaining of shortness of breath. Preliminary results of the autopsy uncovered that he suffered ventricular fibrillation due to severe coronary atherosclerosis. He is survived by wife Jessica Pacheco-Jones, three sisters, four daughters and three grandchildren.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show