Plans for Davy Jones' Funeral and Public Memorials Shared
Two days after Davy Jones died of heart attack, plans for his funeral and public memorial services were unraveled. On Friday, March 2, spokeswoman Helen Kensick sent an e-mail to members of the media to announce that a private family service for the former frontman of The Monkees "will be held shortly in Florida."
Kensick additionally spilled that there will also be two public services set up in honor of the "I'm a Believer" hitmaker. Though dishing that those events are being planned in New York and in the United Kingdom, the representative didn't share further details and only noted that the dates have not yet been determined.
In the statement, Kensick also offered details surrounding Jones' Wednesday, February 29 passing. "Jones died after spending a happy family weekend with his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and her family riding horses," the rep said. "There was no sign of illness or of anything being wrong. He died of a massive heart attack while back at the stables with his horses."
Jones died in a Florida hospital on Wednesday morning. Before his death, the 66-year-old singer was said to have been complaining of shortness of breath. Preliminary results of the autopsy uncovered that he suffered ventricular fibrillation due to severe coronary atherosclerosis. He is survived by wife Jessica Pacheco-Jones, three sisters, four daughters and three grandchildren.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak