First Look at Agent Maria Hill in 'Avengers' Unveiled as New Trailer Breaks iTunes Record
A brand new image from "The Avengers" has been debuted. Instead of offering another look at Captain America and co., the fresh full-sized still gives a first look at "How I Met Your Mother" star Cobie Smulders as agent Maria Hill.
Donning an overall uniform, the female S.H.I.E.L.D. agent is seen standing in front of transparent monitors in what seems to be the Helicarrier. Former Marvel editor in chief, Joe Quesada, once described the character as "a force of nature."
The new photo was released a day after a fresh trailer for the Earth Mightiest Heroes movie was unveiled. The promo video itself has been downloaded on iTunes for 13.7 million times in its first 24 hours.
On Friday, March 2, Walt Disney Pictures announced that the new "Avengers" trailer has broken the record previously held by Warner Bros. Pictures' highly anticipated pic "The Dark Knight Rises", which new trailer was downloaded 12.5 million times in its first 24 hours in December 2011.
"Avengers" is set in the time when an unexpected enemy emerges and threatens global safety and security. Nick Fury, director of the international peacekeeping agency S.H.I.E.L.D., finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster.
Spanning the globe, a daring recruitment effort begins. Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, the Hulk and Hawkeye are chosen to assemble to fight the biggest foes no single hero could withstand.
Joss Whedon works behind the lens for the superhero ensemble movie with Zak Penn penning the script. Supporting the film are Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner and Samuel L. Jackson. Disney will release the much awaited film in the U.S. on May 4.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed