Nicole Kidman to Replace Rachel Weisz in 'Railway Man'
Nicole Kidman will be seen in place of Rachel Weisz in real life drama "The Railway Man". It has been announced that Kidman is to play the wife of Colin Firth's character, a World War II officer named Eric Lomax.
Weisz has to bow out of the project because she is still filming both "The Bourne Legacy" and "Oz: The Great and Powerful" while lined-up to promote her film "The Deep Blue Sea" in United States later this month. Kidman's involvement as substitute was the result of a personal persuasion from Firth and producer Andy Paterson.
"The Railway Man" is based on a true story about "a second lieutenant in the Royal Corp of Signals, who was captured by Japanese forces in World War II and sent to a prison camp in Thailand, where he suffered torture at the hands of his captors. Years after the fighting is over, the former prisoner of war is still struggling to cope with the psychological damage caused."
The filming will start next month in Thailand and Scotland before moving to Australia's Gold Coast for the WWII section. Kidman is to play Lomax's second wife Patti who helps him to confront his fears and hatred by writing to the former Japanese officer he holds responsible and helping him to forgive. Jeremy Irvine is also in the Jonathan Teplitzky-directed film to play young Lomax.
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo