Nicole Kidman to Replace Rachel Weisz in 'Railway Man'
Nicole Kidman will be seen in place of Rachel Weisz in real life drama "The Railway Man". It has been announced that Kidman is to play the wife of Colin Firth's character, a World War II officer named Eric Lomax.
Weisz has to bow out of the project because she is still filming both "The Bourne Legacy" and "Oz: The Great and Powerful" while lined-up to promote her film "The Deep Blue Sea" in United States later this month. Kidman's involvement as substitute was the result of a personal persuasion from Firth and producer Andy Paterson.
"The Railway Man" is based on a true story about "a second lieutenant in the Royal Corp of Signals, who was captured by Japanese forces in World War II and sent to a prison camp in Thailand, where he suffered torture at the hands of his captors. Years after the fighting is over, the former prisoner of war is still struggling to cope with the psychological damage caused."
The filming will start next month in Thailand and Scotland before moving to Australia's Gold Coast for the WWII section. Kidman is to play Lomax's second wife Patti who helps him to confront his fears and hatred by writing to the former Japanese officer he holds responsible and helping him to forgive. Jeremy Irvine is also in the Jonathan Teplitzky-directed film to play young Lomax.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip