Nick Cannon Revealed: It's Lupus-Type Autoimmune
Nick Cannon opens up more about his recent health scare which got him hospitalized for almost a week. The husband of Mariah Carey revealed that his kidney, blood clots and heart troubles are caused by a condition called "lupus-type" autoimmune that doctors found in his system.
"They kind of say [my] autoimmune [disease] is - like a lupus type of thing, but no one else in my family has it," he told People. The 31-year-old was particularly scared of his second hospitalization. "The blood clot thing was probably the scariest because...I've known people who have passed away from that. I thought I was getting better and then that happened, so that kind of came out of nowhere," he continued.
Although the disease is "something I'm going to be living with all my life," Cannon vowed to keep it under control by having at least six hours of sleep and treating his body right. "It's a lot of stuff, but it's all in order now," he said. "I feel blessed to be alive," he said.
More Nick Cannon News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival