Video: Mariah Carey Performs Live First Time Since Giving Birth
Mariah Carey has officially made her return to the live stage. The wife of Nick Cannon made her first live performance, since her brief break after she gave birth to her twin babies, at Gotham Hall in New York City on Thursday night, March 1.
The mother of Monroe and Moroccan came to the Plot Your Escape concert with her hubby. She rocked a black one-shouldered gown and catered the crowd with "Shake It Off", a song from her 2005 hit album "The Emancipation of Mimi".
A multi-city concert extravaganza, the gig was part of Caesars Entertainment's "Escape to Total Rewards" kick-off event. The other musical guests included Cee-Lo Green, Maroon 5, Mary J. Blige, P. Diddy and Gavin DeGraw.
Before performing, Carey went to christen the new Disney cruise ship Fantasy at a Hudson River pier in Manhattan. She got a standing ovation from the crowd as she said, "I'm a native New Yorker. I'm going to love bringing my new babies here."
More Mariah Carey News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance