Video: Mariah Carey Performs Live First Time Since Giving Birth
Mariah Carey has officially made her return to the live stage. The wife of Nick Cannon made her first live performance, since her brief break after she gave birth to her twin babies, at Gotham Hall in New York City on Thursday night, March 1.
The mother of Monroe and Moroccan came to the Plot Your Escape concert with her hubby. She rocked a black one-shouldered gown and catered the crowd with "Shake It Off", a song from her 2005 hit album "The Emancipation of Mimi".
A multi-city concert extravaganza, the gig was part of Caesars Entertainment's "Escape to Total Rewards" kick-off event. The other musical guests included Cee-Lo Green, Maroon 5, Mary J. Blige, P. Diddy and Gavin DeGraw.
Before performing, Carey went to christen the new Disney cruise ship Fantasy at a Hudson River pier in Manhattan. She got a standing ovation from the crowd as she said, "I'm a native New Yorker. I'm going to love bringing my new babies here."
More Mariah Carey News
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'
- AMC Renews 'Into the Badlands' for Expanded Season 3
- Juicy! Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt in Thong One-Piece