J. Cole Celebrates His Homecoming With 'Visionz of Home'
J. Cole has released a new song called "Visionz of Home". The Grammy-nominated rapper dropped the track on March 1, the day he's back to his hometown in Fayetteville, North Carolina for the inaugural Dreamville Weekend. Through the event, he hoped to raise money "to give kids experiences they might not otherwise get, like going to a real record studio or to the zoo."
During his visit, he spoke to students at E.E. Smith High School and his alma mater Terry Sanford High School about the importance of going to college, helping others and chasing one's dreams. "The world is much bigger than Fort Bragg Road; I want you all to go grab your dreams," he said.
In a lighter note, the Roc Nation MC joked, "I couldn't sleep last night because I knew I was giving this speech. I spent four hours on this; my teachers would be proud of me."
In honor of his homecoming, March 1 was proclaimed as "J. Cole Day" by Cumberland County Commissioner Charles Evans. "It's exciting to see a young man who doesn't fit the model of a regular rapper, and who talks about the benefits of education," Evans said. "I'm glad we're honoring him with J. Cole Day. If we can't recognize our own, who can we?"
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports