Whitney Houston to Be Remembered in 'American Idol' Next Episode
In the wake of her sudden passing, Whitney Houston is going to be remembered in the next episode of "American Idol". All the female contestants of the singing competition are required to perform songs from the late New Jersey singer's catalog.
The announcement was made by Ryan Seacrest on the Thursday night, March 1 episode of "Idol". The host revealed the theme for next week's episode after the wildcards where Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler saved a contestant each.
While the girls are ordered to cover Whitney's songs, the boys are asked to pick songs from Stevie Wonder's catalog. Next week, six ladies and seven guys will battle against one another for top 12 spots. In the meantime, the top 13 contestants celebrated the night after being advanced to the next round in a party with the judges.
More Whitney Houston News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked