Whitney Houston to Be Remembered in 'American Idol' Next Episode
In the wake of her sudden passing, Whitney Houston is going to be remembered in the next episode of "American Idol". All the female contestants of the singing competition are required to perform songs from the late New Jersey singer's catalog.
The announcement was made by Ryan Seacrest on the Thursday night, March 1 episode of "Idol". The host revealed the theme for next week's episode after the wildcards where Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler saved a contestant each.
While the girls are ordered to cover Whitney's songs, the boys are asked to pick songs from Stevie Wonder's catalog. Next week, six ladies and seven guys will battle against one another for top 12 spots. In the meantime, the top 13 contestants celebrated the night after being advanced to the next round in a party with the judges.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest