Whitney Houston to Be Remembered in 'American Idol' Next Episode
In the wake of her sudden passing, Whitney Houston is going to be remembered in the next episode of "American Idol". All the female contestants of the singing competition are required to perform songs from the late New Jersey singer's catalog.
The announcement was made by Ryan Seacrest on the Thursday night, March 1 episode of "Idol". The host revealed the theme for next week's episode after the wildcards where Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler saved a contestant each.
While the girls are ordered to cover Whitney's songs, the boys are asked to pick songs from Stevie Wonder's catalog. Next week, six ladies and seven guys will battle against one another for top 12 spots. In the meantime, the top 13 contestants celebrated the night after being advanced to the next round in a party with the judges.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce