Whitney Houston to Be Remembered in 'American Idol' Next Episode
In the wake of her sudden passing, Whitney Houston is going to be remembered in the next episode of "American Idol". All the female contestants of the singing competition are required to perform songs from the late New Jersey singer's catalog.
The announcement was made by Ryan Seacrest on the Thursday night, March 1 episode of "Idol". The host revealed the theme for next week's episode after the wildcards where Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler saved a contestant each.
While the girls are ordered to cover Whitney's songs, the boys are asked to pick songs from Stevie Wonder's catalog. Next week, six ladies and seven guys will battle against one another for top 12 spots. In the meantime, the top 13 contestants celebrated the night after being advanced to the next round in a party with the judges.
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung