Whitney Houston to Be Remembered in 'American Idol' Next Episode
In the wake of her sudden passing, Whitney Houston is going to be remembered in the next episode of "American Idol". All the female contestants of the singing competition are required to perform songs from the late New Jersey singer's catalog.
The announcement was made by Ryan Seacrest on the Thursday night, March 1 episode of "Idol". The host revealed the theme for next week's episode after the wildcards where Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler saved a contestant each.
While the girls are ordered to cover Whitney's songs, the boys are asked to pick songs from Stevie Wonder's catalog. Next week, six ladies and seven guys will battle against one another for top 12 spots. In the meantime, the top 13 contestants celebrated the night after being advanced to the next round in a party with the judges.
More Whitney Houston News
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors