New 'Dark Shadows' Photos Offer Closer Look at Key Characters
New look at the main characters in "Dark Shadows" has been revealed in some fresh images that are featured in the latest print edition of Vanity Fair. One of the photos sees Johnny Depp's Barnabas Collins showing off his pale face and bruised eyes in a close-up shot. Sporting massive jewelries, the vampire also displays his sharp pointed long nails.
In addition to Collins' new image, there are close-up photos featuring Eva Green's Angelique Bouchard and Michelle Pfeiffer's Elizabeth Collins Stoddard. Helena Bonham Carter's Dr. Julia Hoffman is also captured in another image.
Collins is a rich, powerful and inveterate playboy who is also the master of Collinwood Manor. He, however, makes a grave mistake of breaking the heart of Bouchard, a witch who brings him to a fate worse than death; turning him into a vampire and then burying him alive.
Two centuries after his death, Collins is inadvertently freed from his tomb. The vampire then returns to his mansion only to find his once-grand estate has fallen into ruin. He must now have some run-ins with various monsters, witches, werewolves and ghosts.
In a recent interview with HorrorHound magazine, director Tim Burton discussed how he approached the look of Depp's character for the much awaited supernatural film. "We wound up with a nod to [original actor] Jonathan Frid's Barnabas," he said. "Because of the sensitive nature of the character, I liked the idea of his fingernails being long, a bit more tactile."
Burton also stated that he wouldn't give too much special effects to the film. "I want to rely on the characters... We were trying to keep it as human and personal as possible. Every effect should not seem like an effect," so the British filmmaker claimed.
Also supported by Chloe Moretz, Jackie Earle Haley and Jonny Lee Miller, "Dark Shadows" is scheduled to arrive in theaters across the U.S. on May 11.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked