Fans Help Justin Bieber Break Guinness World Record on 18th Birthday
Justin Bieber might have got a pricey birthday gift from his manager and mentor, but he received an even sweeter present from his fans. On Thursday, March 1, Beliebers from around the world helped the "Baby" hitmaker celebrate his 18th birthday by setting a Guinness World Record for the "Most Social Media Messages in 24 Hours".
Earlier the same day, AgencyNet launched happybirthdayjustinbieber.com to give fans a chance to help give Bieber the Guinness World Record. CEO/Founder Richard Lent said in a statement, "Justin has always been all about his fans, and there's no question his 18thbirthday is a landmark occasion. What better way to let his fans celebrate with him than to actually give him a World Record?"
"This initiative is all about empowering his fans to continue being a part of the Justin Bieber story," Lent continued on explaining. "With a firm grasp of the 'new' consumer and 'new' channels, we realized that we could tap into the cultural zeitgeist and do something truly collaborative and powerful."
With just under three hours left in the clock, the messages sent by fans of the "Boyfriend" singer have reached 305,782. It has already passed the current Guinness World Record of 209,771. Fans still have time until 11:59 P.M. EST on March 1 to tweet or post to Facebook the official message, "Please RT: Setting a world record for @justinbieber! #leggo http://bit.ly/jb18th."
Bieber himself was recently surprised with a new Fisker Karma by manager Scooter Braun. During a Wednesday taping of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", Braun stopped by to tell the boyfriend of Selena Gomez that he and mentor Usher have brought the pop sensation the luxury electric sports car for his 18th birthday.
Also celebrating Bieber's 18th birthday in a special way was Madame Tussauds. On Thursday, the wax museum unveiled a new wax figure of the "Never Say Never" singer at its Hollywood location with the help of a fan, 14-year-old Alisha Purdom, of Seattle, Washington. Bieber's doppelganger is placed next to a giant birthday card.
More Justin Bieber News
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Forced to Hand Over Kids to Brad Pitt
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer