First 'Despicable Me 2' Teaser Gets Minions Performing Hilarious A Cappella
"Despicable Me 2" has unveiled its first teaser trailer, which brings back the funny yellow minions into the action. The short sneak peek shows a hilarious scene where four of the pill-shaped creatures perform an a cappella of The Beach Boys' "Barbara Anne" but with their own indistinguishable lyrics.
The sequel to 2010's hit animated movie "Despicable Me" promises to present an all-new comedy adventure featuring the return of Gru, the girls and the unpredictably hilarious minions. It will also introduce a host of new and outrageously funny characters.
Steve Carell, Jason Segel, Russell Brand, Kristen Wiig and Miranda Cosgrove are all set to lend their voices again to Gru, Vector, Dr. Nefario, Miss Hattie and Margo respectively. Joining them in the cast ensemble is veteran actor Al Pacino, who will make his animation debut by voicing the major villain.
Returning as the directors for "Despicable Me 2" are Chris Renaud and Pierre Coffin with Christopher Meledandri reprising his producing role. The family movie is scheduled to open wide in theaters across the U.S. on July 3, 2013.
Back in 2010, "Despicable Me" scored a massive success worldwide. Despite its small budget, the movie grossed more than $540 million and became the 10th biggest animated motion picture in the U.S. history.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris