First 'Despicable Me 2' Teaser Gets Minions Performing Hilarious A Cappella
"Despicable Me 2" has unveiled its first teaser trailer, which brings back the funny yellow minions into the action. The short sneak peek shows a hilarious scene where four of the pill-shaped creatures perform an a cappella of The Beach Boys' "Barbara Anne" but with their own indistinguishable lyrics.
The sequel to 2010's hit animated movie "Despicable Me" promises to present an all-new comedy adventure featuring the return of Gru, the girls and the unpredictably hilarious minions. It will also introduce a host of new and outrageously funny characters.
Steve Carell, Jason Segel, Russell Brand, Kristen Wiig and Miranda Cosgrove are all set to lend their voices again to Gru, Vector, Dr. Nefario, Miss Hattie and Margo respectively. Joining them in the cast ensemble is veteran actor Al Pacino, who will make his animation debut by voicing the major villain.
Returning as the directors for "Despicable Me 2" are Chris Renaud and Pierre Coffin with Christopher Meledandri reprising his producing role. The family movie is scheduled to open wide in theaters across the U.S. on July 3, 2013.
Back in 2010, "Despicable Me" scored a massive success worldwide. Despite its small budget, the movie grossed more than $540 million and became the 10th biggest animated motion picture in the U.S. history.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump
- Fox Comes Under Fire in Italy for Postponing 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Release