Newly Engaged Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Show Off Diamond Ring
After a little more than a year of dating, Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose are one step closer to tying the knot. On Thursday, March 1, the couple took to their individual Twitter account to announce that they have just gotten engaged, and post a photo of Rose's left hand that is rocking an oval-cut diamond ring.
First to share the happy news to the fans was Khalifa. Along with the engagement ring picture, the "Black and Yellow" rapper simply tweeted, "She Said Yes!!!" Just minutes later, his new fiancee wrote on her account, "He has made me the Happiest Woman in the World!!!!" Khalifa later followed up his tweet with the one that read, "Love Is Everywhere."
Back in 2011, Khalifa and Rose sparked rumors they have secretly married after photos of them in black tuxedo and white dress surfaced. Later, it was uncovered that the two donned the costume in celebration of Khalifa's 24th birthday. A representative from the Clark County Recorder's Office in Las Vegas additionally told MTV News there is no record of a marriage between the pair.
Though so, the couple haven't been shy about their plan to get married. Khalifa, in particular, said on the black carpet of 2011 MTV Video Music Awards, "Oh yeah, absolutely, man; it's gonna happen. Like we said, we're just gonna do what's natural and not let any pressure [get to us], because even [with] the word of it happening, people are like, 'You guys need to get married now.' "
The MC continued, "It's gonna happen; my baby knows I love her. I'm committed and she's committed, so we're just gonna make it happen." His fiancee, who once dated Kanye West, added, "We discuss it all the time. Like he said, we're very much in love. But, ya know, we're just going to take our time and just enjoy each other right now."
More Wiz Khalifa News
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says