Gorillaz Get Freaky in 'DoYaThing' Video Ft. Andre 3000
Gorillaz premiere a music video for a single they recorded with Andre 3000 (Andre Benjamin) and James Murphy. Created by the band's animator Jamie Hewlett, the clip follows some guys, who live in a messy apartment, as they wake up, have a toast and read newspaper. Their morning routine, as ordinary as it sounds, is not something people would usually do, especially with the toast.
"I've had a lot of dreams come true, and not all of them have been very savory, but this is definitely one of them. Gorillaz - Andre - James Murphy. It's a perfect cocktail, complete with its own little umbrella," Gorillaz's Murdoc said. "I like the whole Three Artists. One Song idea. Gorillaz are all about collaboration, aren't we, so it seemed like a perfect fit."
The song was crafted for Converse's latest "Three Artists. One Song" campaign. "We didn't exchange any ideas at all [beforehand]," Murphy recalled. "Damon was basically saying, 'Let's just get in a room,' which, even if it wasn't Damon Albarn, is a pretty convincing argument, really. To be honest, I was worried that I should prepare something, but went with it anyway."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences