Gorillaz Get Freaky in 'DoYaThing' Video Ft. Andre 3000
Gorillaz premiere a music video for a single they recorded with Andre 3000 (Andre Benjamin) and James Murphy. Created by the band's animator Jamie Hewlett, the clip follows some guys, who live in a messy apartment, as they wake up, have a toast and read newspaper. Their morning routine, as ordinary as it sounds, is not something people would usually do, especially with the toast.
"I've had a lot of dreams come true, and not all of them have been very savory, but this is definitely one of them. Gorillaz - Andre - James Murphy. It's a perfect cocktail, complete with its own little umbrella," Gorillaz's Murdoc said. "I like the whole Three Artists. One Song idea. Gorillaz are all about collaboration, aren't we, so it seemed like a perfect fit."
The song was crafted for Converse's latest "Three Artists. One Song" campaign. "We didn't exchange any ideas at all [beforehand]," Murphy recalled. "Damon was basically saying, 'Let's just get in a room,' which, even if it wasn't Damon Albarn, is a pretty convincing argument, really. To be honest, I was worried that I should prepare something, but went with it anyway."
Gorillaz's "DoYaThing" (feat. Andre 3000, James Murphy) music video
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit