Gorillaz Get Freaky in 'DoYaThing' Video Ft. Andre 3000
Gorillaz premiere a music video for a single they recorded with Andre 3000 (Andre Benjamin) and James Murphy. Created by the band's animator Jamie Hewlett, the clip follows some guys, who live in a messy apartment, as they wake up, have a toast and read newspaper. Their morning routine, as ordinary as it sounds, is not something people would usually do, especially with the toast.
"I've had a lot of dreams come true, and not all of them have been very savory, but this is definitely one of them. Gorillaz - Andre - James Murphy. It's a perfect cocktail, complete with its own little umbrella," Gorillaz's Murdoc said. "I like the whole Three Artists. One Song idea. Gorillaz are all about collaboration, aren't we, so it seemed like a perfect fit."
The song was crafted for Converse's latest "Three Artists. One Song" campaign. "We didn't exchange any ideas at all [beforehand]," Murphy recalled. "Damon was basically saying, 'Let's just get in a room,' which, even if it wasn't Damon Albarn, is a pretty convincing argument, really. To be honest, I was worried that I should prepare something, but went with it anyway."
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards