Gorillaz Get Freaky in 'DoYaThing' Video Ft. Andre 3000
Gorillaz premiere a music video for a single they recorded with Andre 3000 (Andre Benjamin) and James Murphy. Created by the band's animator Jamie Hewlett, the clip follows some guys, who live in a messy apartment, as they wake up, have a toast and read newspaper. Their morning routine, as ordinary as it sounds, is not something people would usually do, especially with the toast.
"I've had a lot of dreams come true, and not all of them have been very savory, but this is definitely one of them. Gorillaz - Andre - James Murphy. It's a perfect cocktail, complete with its own little umbrella," Gorillaz's Murdoc said. "I like the whole Three Artists. One Song idea. Gorillaz are all about collaboration, aren't we, so it seemed like a perfect fit."
The song was crafted for Converse's latest "Three Artists. One Song" campaign. "We didn't exchange any ideas at all [beforehand]," Murphy recalled. "Damon was basically saying, 'Let's just get in a room,' which, even if it wasn't Damon Albarn, is a pretty convincing argument, really. To be honest, I was worried that I should prepare something, but went with it anyway."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen