Gorillaz Get Freaky in 'DoYaThing' Video Ft. Andre 3000
Gorillaz premiere a music video for a single they recorded with Andre 3000 (Andre Benjamin) and James Murphy. Created by the band's animator Jamie Hewlett, the clip follows some guys, who live in a messy apartment, as they wake up, have a toast and read newspaper. Their morning routine, as ordinary as it sounds, is not something people would usually do, especially with the toast.
"I've had a lot of dreams come true, and not all of them have been very savory, but this is definitely one of them. Gorillaz - Andre - James Murphy. It's a perfect cocktail, complete with its own little umbrella," Gorillaz's Murdoc said. "I like the whole Three Artists. One Song idea. Gorillaz are all about collaboration, aren't we, so it seemed like a perfect fit."
The song was crafted for Converse's latest "Three Artists. One Song" campaign. "We didn't exchange any ideas at all [beforehand]," Murphy recalled. "Damon was basically saying, 'Let's just get in a room,' which, even if it wasn't Damon Albarn, is a pretty convincing argument, really. To be honest, I was worried that I should prepare something, but went with it anyway."
Gorillaz's "DoYaThing" (feat. Andre 3000, James Murphy) music video
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party