New 'SpongeBob SquarePants' Movie in the Works, Eyeing Late 2014 Release
Bikini Bottom's most famous figure, SpongeBob SquarePants, is set to greet his fans in a new feature film. On Tuesday, February 28, it was announced that Viacom's Paramount Pictures is currently preparing another "SpongeBob" movie, which is set to be released in the U.S. in late 2014.
Viacom CEO Phillippe Dauman said during a Deutsche Bank investor conference in Palm Beach, "We will be releasing a SpongeBob movie at the end of 2014." He added that the upcoming animated film "will serve to start off or be one of our films that starts off our new animation effort."
The new SpongeBob SquarePants movie still hasn't tapped a director and the details are still unclear. This will be the first big screen take on the famous Nickelodeon cartoon series since "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie" in 2004. The previous movie, which follows SpongeBob and Patrick's adventure to find King Neptune's stolen crown, grossed $85.4 million domestically and $54.7 million internationally.
The new project announcement was made just after Paramount's "Rango" took home the Best Animated Feature award at the 2012 Academy Awards on Sunday, February 26. Aside from the upcoming "SpongeBob" film, the studio is developing an adaptation of "New Kid", a book written by "The Book of Eli" scribe Gary Whitta.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3