Beyonce Knowles and Reese Witherspoon Sealed for Ryan Murphy's 'One Hit Wonders'
Beyonce Knowles and Reese Witherspoon were both locked to star in Ryan Murphy's latest musical project called "One Hit Wonders". Along with the two famed female stars, the "Glee" creator has also cast some other big names that include Gwyneth Paltrow, Cameron Diaz as well as Andy Samberg.
According to Deadline, Reese, Gwyneth and Cameron will star as three singers who each scored a top hit single in the 1990s. As their careers began to sink, they decided to form a super group. The role of Beyonce, however, is still unclear. As for Andy, it is said that he will be involved in generating music for the film.
Words are, the plan to make "One Hit Wonders" came out during a dinner at the Soho House between Ryan, Gwyneth, Cameron and Reese. The group reportedly wanted to "do something fun together" and shared some ideas until they finally settled on the project.
Ryan is set to direct the musical comedy after signing a seven-figure preemptive deal with Sony Pictures. The "Eat, Pray, Love" helmer will co-write the script along with his partners on "Glee", Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan. Together with Gwyneth, he will also serve as the producer. Principal photography is expected to begin soon after he wraps "The Normal Heart".
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour