Beyonce Knowles and Reese Witherspoon Sealed for Ryan Murphy's 'One Hit Wonders'
Beyonce Knowles and Reese Witherspoon were both locked to star in Ryan Murphy's latest musical project called "One Hit Wonders". Along with the two famed female stars, the "Glee" creator has also cast some other big names that include Gwyneth Paltrow, Cameron Diaz as well as Andy Samberg.
According to Deadline, Reese, Gwyneth and Cameron will star as three singers who each scored a top hit single in the 1990s. As their careers began to sink, they decided to form a super group. The role of Beyonce, however, is still unclear. As for Andy, it is said that he will be involved in generating music for the film.
Words are, the plan to make "One Hit Wonders" came out during a dinner at the Soho House between Ryan, Gwyneth, Cameron and Reese. The group reportedly wanted to "do something fun together" and shared some ideas until they finally settled on the project.
Ryan is set to direct the musical comedy after signing a seven-figure preemptive deal with Sony Pictures. The "Eat, Pray, Love" helmer will co-write the script along with his partners on "Glee", Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan. Together with Gwyneth, he will also serve as the producer. Principal photography is expected to begin soon after he wraps "The Normal Heart".
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?