Beyonce Knowles and Reese Witherspoon Sealed for Ryan Murphy's 'One Hit Wonders'
Beyonce Knowles and Reese Witherspoon were both locked to star in Ryan Murphy's latest musical project called "One Hit Wonders". Along with the two famed female stars, the "Glee" creator has also cast some other big names that include Gwyneth Paltrow, Cameron Diaz as well as Andy Samberg.
According to Deadline, Reese, Gwyneth and Cameron will star as three singers who each scored a top hit single in the 1990s. As their careers began to sink, they decided to form a super group. The role of Beyonce, however, is still unclear. As for Andy, it is said that he will be involved in generating music for the film.
Words are, the plan to make "One Hit Wonders" came out during a dinner at the Soho House between Ryan, Gwyneth, Cameron and Reese. The group reportedly wanted to "do something fun together" and shared some ideas until they finally settled on the project.
Ryan is set to direct the musical comedy after signing a seven-figure preemptive deal with Sony Pictures. The "Eat, Pray, Love" helmer will co-write the script along with his partners on "Glee", Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan. Together with Gwyneth, he will also serve as the producer. Principal photography is expected to begin soon after he wraps "The Normal Heart".
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service