Lindsay Lohan Confirms She'll Play Elizabeth Taylor in Lifetime's Movie
Lindsay Lohan has confirmed the long-standing rumor that she is cast as Elizabeth Taylor in Lifetime's "Liz & Dick". Speaking in an interview with Matt Lauer, the 25-year-old singer/actress reveals that she'll start production for the TV movie soon.
"I've been doing tons of research," she says of her preparation to play the late "Cleopatra" beauty. "But I've always kind of researched her. She's always been a fascinating woman to me. So I'm really honored." She also promises she "will not let anyone down, especially myself."
While prepping for the biopic, Lohan is set to host "Saturday Night Live" this week. Words are, she may appear as the wife of Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich, Callista, in a skit. However, Lohan's spokesman Steve Honig refused to comment on the news and NBC has not released a statement on the matter.
"SNL" episode featuring Lohan will air Saturday, March 3. Jack White has been booked as a musical guest.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones