Jean Dujardin Expected to Star in French Comedy 'Le Petit Joueur'
Fresh from taking the golden man for Best Actor at the 84th Annual Academy Awards, "The Artist" star Jean Dujardin is coming back to his roots by joining a comedy troupe that launched his career. French press reported that the French actor will possibly star in upcoming film "Le Petit Joueur", which means "The Little Player" in English, alongside sketch comedy troupe Nous C Nous.
If the report were true, then Dujardin will join actors Bruno Salomone, Eric Massot and Eric Collado in the comedy directed by Manu Joucola. Dujardin's real-life wife Alexandra Lamy and her sister Audrey are also expected in the film alongside actresses Shirley Bousquet and Florence Foresti.
Joucla refused to go into details about the project but it is known that filming will start this summer in Tunisia. It follows an out-of-work guy separated from his wife who decides to compete in a poker tournament organized by a billionaire. Dujardin reportedly would take only a small role in the film due to his hectic schedule.
Post his Oscar win, Dujardin told the French press that he is still unsure about pursuing roles in United States. He said, "We're going to see if there are projects to develop, why not. But I will never be an American actor. Don't dream things up."
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video