Jean Dujardin Expected to Star in French Comedy 'Le Petit Joueur'
Fresh from taking the golden man for Best Actor at the 84th Annual Academy Awards, "The Artist" star Jean Dujardin is coming back to his roots by joining a comedy troupe that launched his career. French press reported that the French actor will possibly star in upcoming film "Le Petit Joueur", which means "The Little Player" in English, alongside sketch comedy troupe Nous C Nous.
If the report were true, then Dujardin will join actors Bruno Salomone, Eric Massot and Eric Collado in the comedy directed by Manu Joucola. Dujardin's real-life wife Alexandra Lamy and her sister Audrey are also expected in the film alongside actresses Shirley Bousquet and Florence Foresti.
Joucla refused to go into details about the project but it is known that filming will start this summer in Tunisia. It follows an out-of-work guy separated from his wife who decides to compete in a poker tournament organized by a billionaire. Dujardin reportedly would take only a small role in the film due to his hectic schedule.
Post his Oscar win, Dujardin told the French press that he is still unsure about pursuing roles in United States. He said, "We're going to see if there are projects to develop, why not. But I will never be an American actor. Don't dream things up."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked