Jean Dujardin Expected to Star in French Comedy 'Le Petit Joueur'
Fresh from taking the golden man for Best Actor at the 84th Annual Academy Awards, "The Artist" star Jean Dujardin is coming back to his roots by joining a comedy troupe that launched his career. French press reported that the French actor will possibly star in upcoming film "Le Petit Joueur", which means "The Little Player" in English, alongside sketch comedy troupe Nous C Nous.
If the report were true, then Dujardin will join actors Bruno Salomone, Eric Massot and Eric Collado in the comedy directed by Manu Joucola. Dujardin's real-life wife Alexandra Lamy and her sister Audrey are also expected in the film alongside actresses Shirley Bousquet and Florence Foresti.
Joucla refused to go into details about the project but it is known that filming will start this summer in Tunisia. It follows an out-of-work guy separated from his wife who decides to compete in a poker tournament organized by a billionaire. Dujardin reportedly would take only a small role in the film due to his hectic schedule.
Post his Oscar win, Dujardin told the French press that he is still unsure about pursuing roles in United States. He said, "We're going to see if there are projects to develop, why not. But I will never be an American actor. Don't dream things up."
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance