Vin Diesel Flying Over Rock Mountain in New Set Photo of 'Riddick' Sequel
Vin Diesel has shared more photos from the Montreal set of "Riddick" sequel. One of the pictures offers a look at the actor being clad in full costume while flying over what looks like a rock mountain setting. The other one, meanwhile, sees him sitting on a rock while donning Riddick's signature glasses and futuristic armor.
Along with the pictures, Diesel posted a message to his fans to share his experience in filming the yet-to-be-titled sequel. He wrote, "Despite the fact, that this by far is the most physical of roles that I have played... I decided to show a picture you might never see... a candid, of me in between a lighting set up, just reflecting."
"It has been sometime now since I have ventured to that place, where the Furyan dwells... It is strange how learning about myself always coincides with playing the character, which has never been more true than in this experience...," he added. "But, I will explain that some other day when I am beyond this journey."
He explained furthermore, "It was early yesterday morning when our production week ended, the director [David Twohy] and handful from the crew were recapping/celebrating the weeks accomplishments, when someone asked why I had to make this film. The director who has known me for almost 15 years said quickly, 'With Vin, it is all about the promise, if he says he will make it, it doesn't matter how long it takes, he will'."
In the untitled Chronicles of Riddick sequel, Diesel is set to reprise his role as Richard B. Riddick. Betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet, Riddick fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before.
Soon, bounty hunters from throughout the galaxy descend on the anti-superhero. With his enemies right where he wants them, Riddick unleashes a vicious attack of vengeance before returning to his home planet of Furya to save it from destruction.
Diesel will be joined by Katee Sackhoff as Nordic mercenary Dahl, and Jordi Molla as supervillain Santana. Karl Urban, meanwhile, will return as Lord Vaako. Twohy is set to return as the director and screenwriter for the sequel, which still hasn't set a release date yet.
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List
- Report: Prince Harry Plans to Give Meghan Markle Engagement Ring Made From Princess Diana's Bracelet
- Is Nicki Minaj on Safaree Samuels' Side in Meek Mill Beef?
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'