Sony Sets Up Yet Another 'Dracula' Movie With 'Mirror Mirror' Writer
Another movie version of Dracula tale will likely hit the big screen in a foreseeable future. Deadline reported that Sony Pictures is currently developing a period film about the origin of legendary Vlad the Impaler after acquiring a pitch from "Mirror Mirror" screenwriter Jason Keller.
It was said that Sony has signed six figures against seven figures deal with Keller. Multiple insiders additionally revealed that the studio aims to design the project as a period franchise. While no director has been sealed for the gigs, "Snow White and the Huntsman" producing team, Joe Roth and Palak Patel, will serve as the producers for the yet-to-be-titled project.
The untitled Dracula Sony project becomes one of the same theme movies that have been developed at several studios recently. Universal Pictures also prepares a new take on "Dracula Year Zero" with Gary Shore serving as the helmer. There is also an "apocalyptic contemporary" Dracula movie project which Guillermo del Toro will helm after he finishes "Pacific Rim".
Keller himself is currently attached to another vampire movie, which is based on Justin Cronin's book "The Passage for Matt Reeves" about government experiments on terminally ill people who spreads a plague of vampires. His other project is rewriting the script for Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger's "The Tomb (2014)".
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off