Jennifer Lopez Reacts to Speculations She Had Nip Slip Moment at Oscars 2012
Jennifer Lopez has addressed speculations that she had a slight wardrobe malfunction on Sunday, February 26 night during an Academy Award presentation. Just hours after her stylist said that the nip slip buzz was a result of viewers' wishful thinking, the "On the Floor" singer herself said she finds the talk "funny".
Sharing her thought on the matter, the 42-year-old wrote on her Twitter account on Monday, "All the #Oscars talk is funny, but I've got plenty of other things to talk about." She also included a link to her new site, in which she said she will "share fresh takes on fashion," give fans "backstage access to projects I'm working on, and spotlight people who inspire."
Lopez came to the 84th Annual Academy Awards wearing a custom Zuhair Murad gown that features a plunging neckline and cut-out sleeves. The debate over whether or not she suffered a slight wardrobe malfunction grew after she took the stage to present Best Costume Design and Best Makeup alongside Cameron Diaz, and spawned a Twitter account by the name of @JlosNipple.
In defense of Lopez, her stylist Mariel Haenn said in a statement, "The dress fit perfectly to her every inch. There were cups built in and there's no chance that there were any how do you say? 'slips.' While the dress did give the illusion of sheer-ness, jokes on everyone who wishes they saw something! If you thought that dress was hot wait until you see what's next."
Indeed, the estranged wife of Marc Anthony traded her cleavage-baring dress with another gown that features an even-deeper V-neck when attending the annual post-Oscars Vanity Fair party. For the after-party, she rocked a sparkling burgundy gown with long sleeves, which also came from Zuhair Murad.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant