Confirmed, ABC's 'Beauty and the Beast' Casts Darius Campbell as the Beast
ABC's "Beauty and the Beast" has found one of its title characters. Scottish actor Darius Campbell has been tapped to play a mysterious beastly bodyguard named Shiro in the pilot project.
According to Deadline which first reported the news before Entertainment Weekly confirms it, Shiro will join forces with embattled princess Grace, who is yet to be cast. Her fiance Gorrick, meanwhile, will be portrayed by Australian actor Christopher Egan.
Campbell gained fame after appearing on British talent shows "Popstars" and "Pop Idol". In acting world, he is best known for his roles in West End's plays including "Chicago", "Guys and Dolls" and "Gone with the Wind".
ABC's "Beauty and the Beast" is described as "a fantastical reimagining of the classic fairy tale set in a mythical, dangerous world wherein a beautiful and tough Princess discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast." Jonathan Steinberg ("Human Target", "Jericho") writes the script.
In addition to this project, another "Beauty and the Beast" pilot is being developed by The CW. Loosely based on the 1980s series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton, it is slated to be a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist.
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media