Confirmed, ABC's 'Beauty and the Beast' Casts Darius Campbell as the Beast
ABC's "Beauty and the Beast" has found one of its title characters. Scottish actor Darius Campbell has been tapped to play a mysterious beastly bodyguard named Shiro in the pilot project.
According to Deadline which first reported the news before Entertainment Weekly confirms it, Shiro will join forces with embattled princess Grace, who is yet to be cast. Her fiance Gorrick, meanwhile, will be portrayed by Australian actor Christopher Egan.
Campbell gained fame after appearing on British talent shows "Popstars" and "Pop Idol". In acting world, he is best known for his roles in West End's plays including "Chicago", "Guys and Dolls" and "Gone with the Wind".
ABC's "Beauty and the Beast" is described as "a fantastical reimagining of the classic fairy tale set in a mythical, dangerous world wherein a beautiful and tough Princess discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast." Jonathan Steinberg ("Human Target", "Jericho") writes the script.
In addition to this project, another "Beauty and the Beast" pilot is being developed by The CW. Loosely based on the 1980s series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton, it is slated to be a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway