Confirmed, ABC's 'Beauty and the Beast' Casts Darius Campbell as the Beast
ABC's "Beauty and the Beast" has found one of its title characters. Scottish actor Darius Campbell has been tapped to play a mysterious beastly bodyguard named Shiro in the pilot project.
According to Deadline which first reported the news before Entertainment Weekly confirms it, Shiro will join forces with embattled princess Grace, who is yet to be cast. Her fiance Gorrick, meanwhile, will be portrayed by Australian actor Christopher Egan.
Campbell gained fame after appearing on British talent shows "Popstars" and "Pop Idol". In acting world, he is best known for his roles in West End's plays including "Chicago", "Guys and Dolls" and "Gone with the Wind".
ABC's "Beauty and the Beast" is described as "a fantastical reimagining of the classic fairy tale set in a mythical, dangerous world wherein a beautiful and tough Princess discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast." Jonathan Steinberg ("Human Target", "Jericho") writes the script.
In addition to this project, another "Beauty and the Beast" pilot is being developed by The CW. Loosely based on the 1980s series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton, it is slated to be a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist.
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host