Confirmed, ABC's 'Beauty and the Beast' Casts Darius Campbell as the Beast
ABC's "Beauty and the Beast" has found one of its title characters. Scottish actor Darius Campbell has been tapped to play a mysterious beastly bodyguard named Shiro in the pilot project.
According to Deadline which first reported the news before Entertainment Weekly confirms it, Shiro will join forces with embattled princess Grace, who is yet to be cast. Her fiance Gorrick, meanwhile, will be portrayed by Australian actor Christopher Egan.
Campbell gained fame after appearing on British talent shows "Popstars" and "Pop Idol". In acting world, he is best known for his roles in West End's plays including "Chicago", "Guys and Dolls" and "Gone with the Wind".
ABC's "Beauty and the Beast" is described as "a fantastical reimagining of the classic fairy tale set in a mythical, dangerous world wherein a beautiful and tough Princess discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast." Jonathan Steinberg ("Human Target", "Jericho") writes the script.
In addition to this project, another "Beauty and the Beast" pilot is being developed by The CW. Loosely based on the 1980s series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton, it is slated to be a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist.
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans