Confirmed, ABC's 'Beauty and the Beast' Casts Darius Campbell as the Beast
ABC's "Beauty and the Beast" has found one of its title characters. Scottish actor Darius Campbell has been tapped to play a mysterious beastly bodyguard named Shiro in the pilot project.
According to Deadline which first reported the news before Entertainment Weekly confirms it, Shiro will join forces with embattled princess Grace, who is yet to be cast. Her fiance Gorrick, meanwhile, will be portrayed by Australian actor Christopher Egan.
Campbell gained fame after appearing on British talent shows "Popstars" and "Pop Idol". In acting world, he is best known for his roles in West End's plays including "Chicago", "Guys and Dolls" and "Gone with the Wind".
ABC's "Beauty and the Beast" is described as "a fantastical reimagining of the classic fairy tale set in a mythical, dangerous world wherein a beautiful and tough Princess discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast." Jonathan Steinberg ("Human Target", "Jericho") writes the script.
In addition to this project, another "Beauty and the Beast" pilot is being developed by The CW. Loosely based on the 1980s series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton, it is slated to be a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding