Artist of the Week: The Ting Tings
After gaining major success with their debut album "We Started Nothing" four years ago, The Ting Tings are gearing up to release their second studio effort "Sounds From Nowheresville". The twosome are scheduled to release the sophomore set across the United States on March 13.
They actually planned to release the second album in 2010, but scrapped it. "We were in Berlin where there is a great electro scene, and so we made songs like that, but quickly realized that everything on the radio was Euro-pop s**te. We didn't want our record to be tarnished with that brush," Jules de Martino said in an interview.
One of the songs from those sessions was "Hands". Rumor has it, Katie White and Jules initially plotted to exclude the song from their album but since it ruled Billboard Dance Charts, they added the song to the deluxe edition of the sophomore set.
The Ting Tings are getting ready for another tour this year. They will hit the road in North America starting early March and carry on to travel across country until a month later. Fans can visit their official website to check their upcoming shows.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie