Artist of the Week: The Ting Tings
After gaining major success with their debut album "We Started Nothing" four years ago, The Ting Tings are gearing up to release their second studio effort "Sounds From Nowheresville". The twosome are scheduled to release the sophomore set across the United States on March 13.
They actually planned to release the second album in 2010, but scrapped it. "We were in Berlin where there is a great electro scene, and so we made songs like that, but quickly realized that everything on the radio was Euro-pop s**te. We didn't want our record to be tarnished with that brush," Jules de Martino said in an interview.
One of the songs from those sessions was "Hands". Rumor has it, Katie White and Jules initially plotted to exclude the song from their album but since it ruled Billboard Dance Charts, they added the song to the deluxe edition of the sophomore set.
The Ting Tings are getting ready for another tour this year. They will hit the road in North America starting early March and carry on to travel across country until a month later. Fans can visit their official website to check their upcoming shows.
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer