Artist of the Week: The Ting Tings
After gaining major success with their debut album "We Started Nothing" four years ago, The Ting Tings are gearing up to release their second studio effort "Sounds From Nowheresville". The twosome are scheduled to release the sophomore set across the United States on March 13.
They actually planned to release the second album in 2010, but scrapped it. "We were in Berlin where there is a great electro scene, and so we made songs like that, but quickly realized that everything on the radio was Euro-pop s**te. We didn't want our record to be tarnished with that brush," Jules de Martino said in an interview.
One of the songs from those sessions was "Hands". Rumor has it, Katie White and Jules initially plotted to exclude the song from their album but since it ruled Billboard Dance Charts, they added the song to the deluxe edition of the sophomore set.
The Ting Tings are getting ready for another tour this year. They will hit the road in North America starting early March and carry on to travel across country until a month later. Fans can visit their official website to check their upcoming shows.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs