Oscars 2012: 'Midnight in Paris' Wins Original Screenplay, 'Descendant's Grabs Adapted One
The 2012 Academy Awards revealed more winners as they show goes on at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center. After a commercial break, the event continued as Angelina Jolie took on the stage to present the Best Original and Adapted Screenplay awards.
It was announced that Woody Allen won the Best Original Screenplay for his acclaimed work in "Midnight in Paris". The veteran actor-turned-filmmaker nabbed his first Oscar since last winning the prestigious trophy in the same category 24 years ago for his work in "Hannah and Her Sisters".
As for the Best Adapted Screenplay, the Oscar went to Alexander Payne for his work in "The Descendants". The screenwriter shared his victory along with fellow scribe Nat Faxon and Jim Rash. The dramedy has defeated its critically acclaimed rivals, such as "Hugo", "The Ides of March", "Moneyball" and "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy".
Other winners that have just been announced included "The Shore", which claimed the Best Live Action Short prize, and "Saving Face", which picked up the Best Documentary Short kudo. Meanwhile, the Oscar for Best Animated Short went to "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore".
The ongoing Academy Awards is closer to announce the Best Actress and Actor as well as Best Picture winners. Billy Crystal serves as the host for the ninth time at the show, which is live televised by the ABC Television Network.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake