Adam Sandler Breaks Record With 11 Razzie Awards Nominations
Members of the Golden Raspberry Foundation have determined that Adam Sandler was not only bad as an actor but also as an actress. The comedian is nominated for a total of 11 Razzie Awards mainly for his double gender roles in comedy "Jack and Jill".
This is the first time that an individual acquires 11 nominations of the "Worst in Film" in a single year. His cross-dressing comedy is leading the pack with 12 nominations while his romantic comedy "Just Go With It" earned five. "Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star" for which he wrote the screenplay took in six nods.
In Worst Actor, Sandler will battle Nicolas Cage and Russell Brand among others while in Worst Actress, he will compete against Sarah Jessica Parker, Martin Lawrence and others. In addition, Holmes' co-stars in "Jack and Jill", Al Pacino and Katie Holmes, were slapped with Worst Supporting Actor and Actress nomination respectively.
The fourth installment of "Twilight" series, "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I", is taking Worst Film nominee along with "Bucky Larson", "New Year's Eve" and "Transformers: Dark of the Moon".
Unlike in previous years, the Razzie Awards will not be handed out a day before the Oscars. Organizers would like its voting members to have more time watching the nominees before making decisions. The prizes will be presented on April 1, more than a month after the Oscars on February 26.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'