Celine Dion Cancels Shows Due to Virus
Celine Dion was forced to cancel a number of her concerts at Caesars Palace's Colloseum in Las Vegas due to virus that caused inflammation of her vocal cords. "I feel terrible about not being able to do these shows," said the singer in a statement.
Dion had been warned by her doctors of her illness. She continued in her statement, "I feel so bad for the fans. I don't like to let people down ...It's the thing that bothers me more than anything. I really hope everyone understands how sorry I am."
Concerts are canceled through Wednesday, February 29 and will resume on Saturday, March 3. Refunds are available for ticket holders.
"Celine is battling a virus that has caused inflammation of her vocal chords. (sic) She is currently receiving treatment for this condition, and has been instructed to rest," a statement on her official site said. "Celine is very upset about disappointing her fans, and wants to apologize for inconveniencing them."
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'