Celine Dion Cancels Shows Due to Virus
Celine Dion was forced to cancel a number of her concerts at Caesars Palace's Colloseum in Las Vegas due to virus that caused inflammation of her vocal cords. "I feel terrible about not being able to do these shows," said the singer in a statement.
Dion had been warned by her doctors of her illness. She continued in her statement, "I feel so bad for the fans. I don't like to let people down ...It's the thing that bothers me more than anything. I really hope everyone understands how sorry I am."
Concerts are canceled through Wednesday, February 29 and will resume on Saturday, March 3. Refunds are available for ticket holders.
"Celine is battling a virus that has caused inflammation of her vocal chords. (sic) She is currently receiving treatment for this condition, and has been instructed to rest," a statement on her official site said. "Celine is very upset about disappointing her fans, and wants to apologize for inconveniencing them."
More Celine Dion News
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'