Bill Pullman and Brittany Snow Cast as First Family on New NBC Pilot
Bill Pullman and Brittany Snow will have father and daughter relationship on a new NBC pilot, "1600 Penn". It has been announced that Pullman is slated to play a U.S. President named Dale Gilchrist in the comedy project, while Snow is the First Daughter named Becca.
Created by Josh Gad (Book of Mormon), Jason Winer (Modern Family) and Jon Lovett, "1600 Penn" is a "dysfunctional family comedy where the out-of-control oldest son (Gad) returns home and becomes not only it's biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together. The twist is that this family resides in the White House".
Pullman's character is a heroic ex-Marine, Snow's Becca is an overachieving and perfectionist daughter of the president who helped raise her younger siblings and Gad's Skip is the gregarious and clumsy older brother.
This is not the first time Pullman portrays the leader of the country. He played President Thomas J. Whitmore in the 1996 blockbuster "Independence Day".
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'