'The Walking Dead' Finds Its Evil Governor in David Morrissey
"The Walking Dead" has appointed BAFTA Award nominee David Morrissey to be The Governor. The 47-year-old Liverpool-born actor/director, who starred in such films as "Nowhere Boy" and "Centurion", will start playing the evil villain in season three of the AMC series in a regular basis.
In the comic, Rick and his group first meet The Governor when they find a new settlement of survivors in Woodbury. The character, also known as Phillip, has sadistic methods of leadership which are counter-balanced with a personal struggle involving his daughter.
Prior to the casting of Morrissey, there was a speculation that Daryl's missing brother, Merle (Michael Rooker), could eventually be The Governor. However, author Robert Kirkman nixed it as saying, "The Governor character will be introduced at some point, and it will probably be an original character that hasn't appeared in the show up to that point."
"Walking Dead" season 3, which will expand to 16 episodes, will start the production in Atlanta this spring. It has recently been rumored that Jon Bernthal's Shane would be written out of the series since the actor is close to land a lead role in Frank Darabont's pilot "L.A. Noir".
In the currently airing season 2, Shane's friendship with Rick is put to the test. In the upcoming episode, Rick will finally confront his best bud. Talking about his character's move, Andrew Lincoln explained, "When [Lori] says, 'I don't feel safe; I'm scared' - that's enough. But then she also says, '[Shane] says that you're not up to the job.' "
"That's enough to push anybody over the edge, even someone as rational and as considered and as smart as Rick. He can't avoid the issue much longer," he reasoned. On whether or not Shane would be killed off, the actor teased, "Not everybody gets out alive. We're not shy of blood, sweat and tears in the last four episodes."
More The Walking Dead News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?