'The Walking Dead' Finds Its Evil Governor in David Morrissey
"The Walking Dead" has appointed BAFTA Award nominee David Morrissey to be The Governor. The 47-year-old Liverpool-born actor/director, who starred in such films as "Nowhere Boy" and "Centurion", will start playing the evil villain in season three of the AMC series in a regular basis.
In the comic, Rick and his group first meet The Governor when they find a new settlement of survivors in Woodbury. The character, also known as Phillip, has sadistic methods of leadership which are counter-balanced with a personal struggle involving his daughter.
Prior to the casting of Morrissey, there was a speculation that Daryl's missing brother, Merle (Michael Rooker), could eventually be The Governor. However, author Robert Kirkman nixed it as saying, "The Governor character will be introduced at some point, and it will probably be an original character that hasn't appeared in the show up to that point."
"Walking Dead" season 3, which will expand to 16 episodes, will start the production in Atlanta this spring. It has recently been rumored that Jon Bernthal's Shane would be written out of the series since the actor is close to land a lead role in Frank Darabont's pilot "L.A. Noir".
In the currently airing season 2, Shane's friendship with Rick is put to the test. In the upcoming episode, Rick will finally confront his best bud. Talking about his character's move, Andrew Lincoln explained, "When [Lori] says, 'I don't feel safe; I'm scared' - that's enough. But then she also says, '[Shane] says that you're not up to the job.' "
"That's enough to push anybody over the edge, even someone as rational and as considered and as smart as Rick. He can't avoid the issue much longer," he reasoned. On whether or not Shane would be killed off, the actor teased, "Not everybody gets out alive. We're not shy of blood, sweat and tears in the last four episodes."
More The Walking Dead News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'