Ryan Reynolds Tapped to Voice a Snail in DreamWorks' 'Turbo'
While his latest movie "Safe House" is still making a buzz at U.S. cinemas, Ryan Reynolds is announced as the lead voice of a DreamWorks Animation project, "Turbo". The cartoon is about a snail who dreams of being the greatest racer in the world, just like his hero, 5-time Indianapolis 500 champ, Guy Gagne.
Reynolds is to fill in the voice of Turbo, backed up by a list of impressive actors such as Paul Giamatti, Michael Pena, Luis Guzman, Bill Hader, Richard Jenkins, Ken Jeong, Michelle Rodriguez, Maya Rudolph, Ben Schwartz, Kurtwood Smith, Snoop Dogg and Samuel L. Jackson.
"Ryan Reynolds' infectious enthusiasm and humor will bring life to the lead role of 'Turbo' and set the tone for this amazing roster of all-star voice talent," DreamWorks Animation Chief Creative Officer Bill Damaschke said in a statement Friday, February 24. "This high-octane journey will take audiences on the race of their lives and completely redefine the traditional notion of moving at a snail's pace."
"Turbo" is scheduled to come to the big screen on July 19, 2013. David Soren (Merry Madagascar) is set to direct the film based on his own original concept.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'