Ryan Reynolds Tapped to Voice a Snail in DreamWorks' 'Turbo'
While his latest movie "Safe House" is still making a buzz at U.S. cinemas, Ryan Reynolds is announced as the lead voice of a DreamWorks Animation project, "Turbo". The cartoon is about a snail who dreams of being the greatest racer in the world, just like his hero, 5-time Indianapolis 500 champ, Guy Gagne.
Reynolds is to fill in the voice of Turbo, backed up by a list of impressive actors such as Paul Giamatti, Michael Pena, Luis Guzman, Bill Hader, Richard Jenkins, Ken Jeong, Michelle Rodriguez, Maya Rudolph, Ben Schwartz, Kurtwood Smith, Snoop Dogg and Samuel L. Jackson.
"Ryan Reynolds' infectious enthusiasm and humor will bring life to the lead role of 'Turbo' and set the tone for this amazing roster of all-star voice talent," DreamWorks Animation Chief Creative Officer Bill Damaschke said in a statement Friday, February 24. "This high-octane journey will take audiences on the race of their lives and completely redefine the traditional notion of moving at a snail's pace."
"Turbo" is scheduled to come to the big screen on July 19, 2013. David Soren (Merry Madagascar) is set to direct the film based on his own original concept.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly