Ryan Reynolds Tapped to Voice a Snail in DreamWorks' 'Turbo'
While his latest movie "Safe House" is still making a buzz at U.S. cinemas, Ryan Reynolds is announced as the lead voice of a DreamWorks Animation project, "Turbo". The cartoon is about a snail who dreams of being the greatest racer in the world, just like his hero, 5-time Indianapolis 500 champ, Guy Gagne.
Reynolds is to fill in the voice of Turbo, backed up by a list of impressive actors such as Paul Giamatti, Michael Pena, Luis Guzman, Bill Hader, Richard Jenkins, Ken Jeong, Michelle Rodriguez, Maya Rudolph, Ben Schwartz, Kurtwood Smith, Snoop Dogg and Samuel L. Jackson.
"Ryan Reynolds' infectious enthusiasm and humor will bring life to the lead role of 'Turbo' and set the tone for this amazing roster of all-star voice talent," DreamWorks Animation Chief Creative Officer Bill Damaschke said in a statement Friday, February 24. "This high-octane journey will take audiences on the race of their lives and completely redefine the traditional notion of moving at a snail's pace."
"Turbo" is scheduled to come to the big screen on July 19, 2013. David Soren (Merry Madagascar) is set to direct the film based on his own original concept.
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii