Jimmy Fallon Impersonates Eddie Vedder to Sing About Jeremy Lin
Jimmy Fallon is the latest to jump into "Linsanity", singing an ode to New York Knicks star Jeremy Lin on his talk show, "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon". As Eddie Vedder, Fallon changed the lyrics to Pearl Jam's 1992 Grammy-nominated single "Jeremy".
"At home, shooting free throws and three point shots, waiting for a job/name not yet a pun/Carmelo injury/Came out of nowhere like an Asian Tebow," Fallon sang, referring to NFL quarterback for the Denver Broncos, Tim Tebow. Fallon previously also sang a song about Tebow to David Bowie's "Space Oddity".
Although Lin's star shone brightly in the past few weeks, the point guard failed to bring victory to his team at the Thursday, February 23 game against Miami Heat. He had a whopping 8 turnovers in the Knicks' 102-88 loss to the Heat. "They were all geeked up for him," Knicks Coach Mike D'Antoni said. "They took the challenge and did a great job. It's hard to be Peter Pan every day."
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does