Amber Portwood Won't Have to Move Into Halfway House After Release From Jail
Amber Portwood won't have to worry about moving into a halfway house after all. Around a week after an Indiana judge ordered her to complete her drug diversion program at Sister 2 Sister Ministries in Anderson, Indiana, the "Teen Mom" star learned that she can live full-time with her grandparents as long as she passes a drug screening.
Spilling the beans was Amber's mother, Tonya Portwood. On Thursday, February 23, she told E! News, "Amber is so happy and relieved that she won't have to live at the halfway house. And now she will get to spend more time with her daughter, which is what this was all about anyway." She added that she will pick up the MTV reality star from jail on Friday and take her for a tox screen.
The new ruling will allow Amber to continue filming for her hit MTV show. It was previously reported that the mother of one was concerned that she will have to quit the show since she has to spend eight months rehabbing at Sister 2 Sister without any cameras following her. The drug court also required her to get a full-time job in the real world.
Portwood was facing a five-year prison sentence following her December 2011 arrest for probation violation. She pled guilty to one count of possession of a controlled substance and one count of probation violation. When ordered to live at Sister 2 Sister Ministries, she was told by Judge David Happe, "The last thing we want to do is release you and have you commit another offense."
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans