Amber Portwood Won't Have to Move Into Halfway House After Release From Jail
Amber Portwood won't have to worry about moving into a halfway house after all. Around a week after an Indiana judge ordered her to complete her drug diversion program at Sister 2 Sister Ministries in Anderson, Indiana, the "Teen Mom" star learned that she can live full-time with her grandparents as long as she passes a drug screening.
Spilling the beans was Amber's mother, Tonya Portwood. On Thursday, February 23, she told E! News, "Amber is so happy and relieved that she won't have to live at the halfway house. And now she will get to spend more time with her daughter, which is what this was all about anyway." She added that she will pick up the MTV reality star from jail on Friday and take her for a tox screen.
The new ruling will allow Amber to continue filming for her hit MTV show. It was previously reported that the mother of one was concerned that she will have to quit the show since she has to spend eight months rehabbing at Sister 2 Sister without any cameras following her. The drug court also required her to get a full-time job in the real world.
Portwood was facing a five-year prison sentence following her December 2011 arrest for probation violation. She pled guilty to one count of possession of a controlled substance and one count of probation violation. When ordered to live at Sister 2 Sister Ministries, she was told by Judge David Happe, "The last thing we want to do is release you and have you commit another offense."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story