'Friday Night Lights' Alum Attached to The CW's 'Hunger Games'-Esque Pilot
Aimee Teegarden has scored her next TV project after "Friday Night Lights" was canceled last year. The Julie Taylor of the sports drama series has been tapped to take a lead role in The CW's pilot, "The Selection", which has a "Hunger Game"-ish storyline.
Based on the forthcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, the hour-long drama revolves around an impoverished young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads. It is described as an epic romance set 300 years in the future.
"The Vampire Diaries" and "Angel" scribes Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain will write and executive produce the show.
Beside being widely known for starring on "FNL", Teegarden has previously landed roles on movies namely "Scream 4" and "Prom". The 22-year-old also guest starred on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "CSI: Miami".
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway