'Friday Night Lights' Alum Attached to The CW's 'Hunger Games'-Esque Pilot
Aimee Teegarden has scored her next TV project after "Friday Night Lights" was canceled last year. The Julie Taylor of the sports drama series has been tapped to take a lead role in The CW's pilot, "The Selection", which has a "Hunger Game"-ish storyline.
Based on the forthcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, the hour-long drama revolves around an impoverished young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads. It is described as an epic romance set 300 years in the future.
"The Vampire Diaries" and "Angel" scribes Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain will write and executive produce the show.
Beside being widely known for starring on "FNL", Teegarden has previously landed roles on movies namely "Scream 4" and "Prom". The 22-year-old also guest starred on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "CSI: Miami".
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby