'Friday Night Lights' Alum Attached to The CW's 'Hunger Games'-Esque Pilot
Aimee Teegarden has scored her next TV project after "Friday Night Lights" was canceled last year. The Julie Taylor of the sports drama series has been tapped to take a lead role in The CW's pilot, "The Selection", which has a "Hunger Game"-ish storyline.
Based on the forthcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, the hour-long drama revolves around an impoverished young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads. It is described as an epic romance set 300 years in the future.
"The Vampire Diaries" and "Angel" scribes Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain will write and executive produce the show.
Beside being widely known for starring on "FNL", Teegarden has previously landed roles on movies namely "Scream 4" and "Prom". The 22-year-old also guest starred on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "CSI: Miami".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal