'Friday Night Lights' Alum Attached to The CW's 'Hunger Games'-Esque Pilot
Aimee Teegarden has scored her next TV project after "Friday Night Lights" was canceled last year. The Julie Taylor of the sports drama series has been tapped to take a lead role in The CW's pilot, "The Selection", which has a "Hunger Game"-ish storyline.
Based on the forthcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, the hour-long drama revolves around an impoverished young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads. It is described as an epic romance set 300 years in the future.
"The Vampire Diaries" and "Angel" scribes Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain will write and executive produce the show.
Beside being widely known for starring on "FNL", Teegarden has previously landed roles on movies namely "Scream 4" and "Prom". The 22-year-old also guest starred on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "CSI: Miami".
- Bella Thorne Gets Nipple Piercing, Shares Naked Photo
- Is Drake Cheating on J.Lo With This Porn Star in Amsterdam?
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci