'Friday Night Lights' Alum Attached to The CW's 'Hunger Games'-Esque Pilot
Aimee Teegarden has scored her next TV project after "Friday Night Lights" was canceled last year. The Julie Taylor of the sports drama series has been tapped to take a lead role in The CW's pilot, "The Selection", which has a "Hunger Game"-ish storyline.
Based on the forthcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, the hour-long drama revolves around an impoverished young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads. It is described as an epic romance set 300 years in the future.
"The Vampire Diaries" and "Angel" scribes Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain will write and executive produce the show.
Beside being widely known for starring on "FNL", Teegarden has previously landed roles on movies namely "Scream 4" and "Prom". The 22-year-old also guest starred on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "CSI: Miami".
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'