Eva Longoria and Kal Penn Named Obama's Co-Chairs
Two celebrities will back up the re-election campaign of President Barack Obama. On Wednesday, February 22, Eva Longoria and Kal Penn were named national "co-chairs" of Obama's campaign, along with 33 other strategic supporters, including some Democratic politicians and volunteers.
Both Longoria and Penn are known as loyal supporters of Obama. She openly campaigned for him the last time and he even served as Associate Director of the White House's Office of Public Engagement. As the "co-chairs", the actors would help Obama in building strategies for the next election. Their involvement is expected to lead to other celebrity endorsements.
Penn tweeted, "Honored to serve as a National Campaign Co-Chair for @BarackObama. This President knows we're #GreaterTogether". Longoria wrote, "I'm thrilled to be a National Co-Chair for @BarackObama's re-election campaign. Get involved today".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance