Eva Longoria and Kal Penn Named Obama's Co-Chairs
Two celebrities will back up the re-election campaign of President Barack Obama. On Wednesday, February 22, Eva Longoria and Kal Penn were named national "co-chairs" of Obama's campaign, along with 33 other strategic supporters, including some Democratic politicians and volunteers.
Both Longoria and Penn are known as loyal supporters of Obama. She openly campaigned for him the last time and he even served as Associate Director of the White House's Office of Public Engagement. As the "co-chairs", the actors would help Obama in building strategies for the next election. Their involvement is expected to lead to other celebrity endorsements.
Penn tweeted, "Honored to serve as a National Campaign Co-Chair for @BarackObama. This President knows we're #GreaterTogether". Longoria wrote, "I'm thrilled to be a National Co-Chair for @BarackObama's re-election campaign. Get involved today".
More Eva Longoria News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'