Eva Longoria and Kal Penn Named Obama's Co-Chairs
Two celebrities will back up the re-election campaign of President Barack Obama. On Wednesday, February 22, Eva Longoria and Kal Penn were named national "co-chairs" of Obama's campaign, along with 33 other strategic supporters, including some Democratic politicians and volunteers.
Both Longoria and Penn are known as loyal supporters of Obama. She openly campaigned for him the last time and he even served as Associate Director of the White House's Office of Public Engagement. As the "co-chairs", the actors would help Obama in building strategies for the next election. Their involvement is expected to lead to other celebrity endorsements.
Penn tweeted, "Honored to serve as a National Campaign Co-Chair for @BarackObama. This President knows we're #GreaterTogether". Longoria wrote, "I'm thrilled to be a National Co-Chair for @BarackObama's re-election campaign. Get involved today".
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer