'American Idol' Recap: Fourteen Contestants Have Made It to Top 24
"American Idol" trims the number of contestants from 42 to 24 this week, but only fourteen of them were unveiled in the Wednesday, February 22 episode. Jen Hirsh was the first who made it through to the next round.
Creighton Fraker followed in the footsteps of Jen after performing "New York State of Mind", but Lauren Gray was not that lucky and got sent home. Baylie Brown and Chelsea Sorrell, who had auditioned in season 6 and 10 respectively, made the cut this time.
Erika Van Pelt was criticized by Jennifer Lopez for her choice of song in the latest performance, but she made it through anyway. Heejun Han and Phil Phillips were also given "yes" from the judges, but Richie "the Cowboy" Law, who once was in the same team with Heejun and Phil in the Hollywood round, did not make it.
The last performer shown in the episode was Adam Brock, who got emotional as he awaited the result. The show, however, ended before the judges made the announcement, leaving his fate up in the air until Thursday's episode.
The first 14 of the Top 24:
- Jen Hirsh
- Creighton Fraker
- Joshua Ledet
- Haley Johnsen
- Elise Testone
- Reed Grimm
- Erika Van Pelt
- Chelsea Sorrell
- Baylie Brown
- Heejun Han
- Jessica Sanchez
- Phil Phillips
- Colton Dixon
- Brielle Von Hugel
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money