'American Idol' Recap: Fourteen Contestants Have Made It to Top 24
"American Idol" trims the number of contestants from 42 to 24 this week, but only fourteen of them were unveiled in the Wednesday, February 22 episode. Jen Hirsh was the first who made it through to the next round.
Creighton Fraker followed in the footsteps of Jen after performing "New York State of Mind", but Lauren Gray was not that lucky and got sent home. Baylie Brown and Chelsea Sorrell, who had auditioned in season 6 and 10 respectively, made the cut this time.
Erika Van Pelt was criticized by Jennifer Lopez for her choice of song in the latest performance, but she made it through anyway. Heejun Han and Phil Phillips were also given "yes" from the judges, but Richie "the Cowboy" Law, who once was in the same team with Heejun and Phil in the Hollywood round, did not make it.
The last performer shown in the episode was Adam Brock, who got emotional as he awaited the result. The show, however, ended before the judges made the announcement, leaving his fate up in the air until Thursday's episode.
The first 14 of the Top 24:
- Jen Hirsh
- Creighton Fraker
- Joshua Ledet
- Haley Johnsen
- Elise Testone
- Reed Grimm
- Erika Van Pelt
- Chelsea Sorrell
- Baylie Brown
- Heejun Han
- Jessica Sanchez
- Phil Phillips
- Colton Dixon
- Brielle Von Hugel
More American Idol News
- Song Joong Ki's 'Battleship Island' Co-Star Spills Detail of His Wedding Plan to Song Hye Kyo
- Fans Speculate Infinite's Woohyun Is Involved in Sexual Assault Case
- Venus Williams Claims Fatal Car Crash Victim Didn't Wear Seat Belt
- Chadwick Boseman Hunts Down His Sister's Killer in Intense Trailer for 'Message from the King'
- Usher Cleans His Star and Pushes a Car With James Corden in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Kate Hudson Shaves Her Head for New Musical Project With Sia
- O.J. Simpson and Kato Kaelin May Live Together for New Reality Show
- Khloe Kardashian Accused of Photoshopping Her Workout Pic. See It Yourself!