'American Idol' Recap: Fourteen Contestants Have Made It to Top 24
"American Idol" trims the number of contestants from 42 to 24 this week, but only fourteen of them were unveiled in the Wednesday, February 22 episode. Jen Hirsh was the first who made it through to the next round.
Creighton Fraker followed in the footsteps of Jen after performing "New York State of Mind", but Lauren Gray was not that lucky and got sent home. Baylie Brown and Chelsea Sorrell, who had auditioned in season 6 and 10 respectively, made the cut this time.
Erika Van Pelt was criticized by Jennifer Lopez for her choice of song in the latest performance, but she made it through anyway. Heejun Han and Phil Phillips were also given "yes" from the judges, but Richie "the Cowboy" Law, who once was in the same team with Heejun and Phil in the Hollywood round, did not make it.
The last performer shown in the episode was Adam Brock, who got emotional as he awaited the result. The show, however, ended before the judges made the announcement, leaving his fate up in the air until Thursday's episode.
The first 14 of the Top 24:
- Jen Hirsh
- Creighton Fraker
- Joshua Ledet
- Haley Johnsen
- Elise Testone
- Reed Grimm
- Erika Van Pelt
- Chelsea Sorrell
- Baylie Brown
- Heejun Han
- Jessica Sanchez
- Phil Phillips
- Colton Dixon
- Brielle Von Hugel
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off